My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Ok, so now I have enough brandy...

I have consumed enough brandy now that I feel that writing will no longer be an issue. Basically, for the last three weeks I've been drinking more alcohol than I have in probably the last year. Why? I'm not entirely sure. Some of it, I believe, is due to not getting sex. Alcohol is a lame substitute, but hell it's the only one I've got. I hope to remedy this situation soon enough, but meanwhile...let me just say YAY for an ABC store being two blocks from my house! Woohoo! I have brandy (Paul Masson) and wine as my beverages of choice these days. I need to earn more money so I can drink more heavily.

Today was thanksgiving. What happened on Thanksgiving here today in Kira's house? I'm SO glad you asked! Basically, I made an entire Thanksgiving feast because my ex suckered me into it. Sometimes I am stupefied by how much of a moron I am. For many, many years I made an entire Thanksgiving feast and he always said, "I'm not helping you prepare that meal nor am I helping you clean up afterwards because I don't want it." So, whoever was visiting us would help me clean up maybe, but I'd be the one responsible for the entire mess. I would be lucky if he cleaned up his own damn plate. I thought, well shit, this man really doesn't like TURKEY. I guess he doesn't care. I guess if I want this meal, I'm at it alone! HAHA! This Thanksgiving, two weeks ago, the ex shows up to drop off kids. He says to me, what are you doing for Thanksgiving this year? I look at him blankly and say, hell, Rob, nothing. He looks sad and says, well, if you cook a meal, I'll bring the turkey.

WTF???

I said, waitasecond here....all these years (folks, we are looking at more than ten of 'em), I fixed a Thanksgiving feast and you grunted. You never helped. You acted like it was miserable. You totally did not appreciate it...and now you are telling me YOU WANT ME TO COOK A THANKSGIVING MEAL???? He just looked sheepish and repeated: I'll bring the turkey.

G'damn.

Then it didn't help that Jared chimed in that he wanted turkey. Jared isn't too into the other food items that are served on Thanksgiving, but the boy loves his turkey. Sighing, resigned to my fate, I nodded. Fine, bring the turkey.

So what happened today? I cooked a turkey with homemade stuffing. I made an asparagus casserole, a corn casserole, had cranberries, had mashed potatoes, had the turkey, had a chocolate pie for dessert....and cleaned the whole damn kitchen up myself. Then I packed up a slew of leftovers for him because I sure as hell can't eat it all. What is my problem? What is it about a man who says pathetically, "Feed me?" that just GETS to me?

It's like my student in one of my classes last week, Tucker. Tucker came up to me and said, oh Kira, you know how to make those rice krispy treats! Not the marshmallow ones, but the butterscotch peanut butter ones with the chocolate in the middle! I said, yeah, I do Tucker...why? Well, then he proceeded to beg me to make some for class the next time. I'll be freaking DAMNED if I didn't run home and DO IT. What the hell is wrong with me??? Kira, feeder of the masses! It's mostly men. I can resist a plea from a female. If any male comes up to me and says, feed me! I do it. That's got to be listed as a psychological disorder. Sigh. I think this would be the reason why every male who has dated me longer than three months has ended up gaining a minimum of 10 lbs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home