My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Strange student of the week award!

...so Alex showed up last Friday at Tech. His friend's roommate was going to this area, and he dropped Alex off in the am here at school. Usually, being at school with Alex involves smacking his hands a few times. You see, the French don't have issues with PDA like Americans do. I have been over in France and watched couples all but make love right there in a public park, and nobody blinks. I have no problems doing what I want in public, but I DO have a problem getting fired from my job. The difficulty has been showing Alex the difference between it's ok now, the WC is locked and we are away from the window vs. we are walking down the hall and there is my boss. Anyway, I'm proud of him that he can now, most of the time at least, behave enough that we just hold hands around my students here. I don't want to lose my teaching job.

Now you know the background. Fast forward to 2p on Friday; classes have let out for me. It's a Friday afternoon so the place is a ghost town. We go back to the car, and I look around to see if anybody is in the general area. Nope, nobody was there. So Alex then leans in and gives me a nice, long, delicious "French kiss" before we leave the parking lot. I figured it was our reward for behaving so long.

Well, I go to school this week and one of my students announces TO THE WHOLE CLASS, hey Kira, I saw you making out with your boyfriend in the parking lot! I shook my head and then he added, "I watched!" Ok, the whole class laughed. I asked him, "You watched? What, you watched the whole kiss?" He shook his head vigorously. "Oh yes! I just don't think of my teachers being like that, so I had to watch!" I sighed heavily. "Did you learn anything?" I inquired, and the class laughed and we started to go onwards. However, I just couldn't let go of the idea that a student was sitting there like a voyeur watching me like that. I repeated, "I can't get over the fact that you were watching...," to which a student shouted out, "Yeah, man, that's really creepy...really wierd! Like, freaky, man!" So I suppose I was not alone in feeling that way! He just shrugged and grinned. "Yeah, so what? I watched!" he declared proudly.

I still don't know where he could have been. There was NOBODY around! Was he using his binoculars from his car? Brrr!

*****

This weekend I get to go to Charleston with Alex! Weeeee! I can't wait. Needless to say, the chances of this blog being updated from Friday through Sunday are minimal :D To pack list: champagne, champagne glasses, massage oil, lingerie, "toys", candles...hmmm...let's not pull out the small suitcase!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun in Charleston!=o)

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy B-day, Kira!!!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

Thanks! :D

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home