My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Why...

...is Gabe sending me info on a job at Ryobi with him, and failing that, a full time teaching position at EPCI?

...and why does my former student Stephen (not Evil Stephen, Amanda!) think his brother actually is buddy-buddy with English department folks over at Clemson enough to put in a good word for me?

Nobody is supposed to make me feel like I can get a decent job, remember? That creates hope...which is inevitably dashed :P

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I talked w/ Sean in the English department at CU today. Apparently they had some "snafus w/ the HR department." (I know exactly what these snafus were too - they were supposed to advertise the jobs on the HR web site, but they did it themselves. I got yelled at for this once when someone put a job on the Nursing site, which I don't even maintain!) Anyway, Sean says that they want to start notifying people on May 30, and then they want to have the hiring done by June 15. So, hopefully, we'll know soon.

I got my postcard in the mail today... OMG - what a gorgeous cathedral!!!! I cannot wait de la voir de mes yeux! (Merci à Alex pour ses beaux mots!)

4:36 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

So noted about the EPCI job. If somebody who is positively unemployed warns me not to get a job, you can bet I won't go for it!

On the other side, Angie, I think I blew it. Sigh. See, I didn't get a chance to send off my resume until I got HOME from France. I believe both of my references made it there before my cover letter and resume. So, it may have arrived too late for consideration...there was nothing to be done, however. I had six classes to grade and take care of before I left, and my old resume was NOT on this computer. It was on the ex's computer :S sigh again. So, I had to create it all from scratch, which took more time than I had before I left...and now I think I blew it 'cause Amanda had her interview this week and you said they want it all wrapped up pronto! I hate it when I shoot myself in the foot. I truly don't know what else I could have done as I couldn't very well make the resume up in FRANCE and then mail it from France...

At least I have a resume done now and on this computer. Pardon me while I go swallow some arsenic!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home