My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Saturday, February 02, 2008

The Good News

Sometimes, good people are rewarded.

Alex was told that he would not get his work permit until the end of March.

Yet today, we got it in the mail!

Life is good. Yay!

****

Ariana was offered an audition slot for the gifted program in drama in Pickens County. If she's accepted, she gets a two week (FREE!) program over the summer related to drama and other arts. It's exciting that she was even invited to audition. Honestly, that was a surprise. I know she tried out for the drama club and was one of the 15 out of 30 to make it, but I didn't know she impressed the drama club teacher THAT much that she'd be offered this chance at a cool program. I mean, I think of my daughter as a brain--she's in the gifted academic program, Quest--but sadly, I haven't expanded my knowledge of her to fit the awesomeness of the rest of her capacity. She was also offered a tryout in voice, but she had to choose between drama and voice. Voice! My daughter can sing? Why didn't I know this???

The tryouts were today. She claims they went well (I was not allowed in the room), and she was so excited when she left. What do we do now? We wait...until two weeks from now to get an envelope in the mail that tells us if she gets to go onto tryout #2 on Feb. 22nd or not.

So, now we wait! I'm just proud of her that a) she got the invite and b) she did a great job with her audition. She tried so hard--and as my mom used to say, when you try your hardest even angels cannot do better.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the work permit!!!!!

You're are correct - sometimes good things to actually happen to good people. It might seem like it takes forever and ever, but good things sure are sweet when you don't get them every day.

Savor every second of watching Ariana develop her talent. I know you plan to, but take the idea in your mind of what it would mean to savor every second and quadruple that. I say this because Monday night is Anna's very last basketball game. I cannot believe it. They do a celebration on this night in which they honor the Seniors and their parents. We're all going to be bawling, lol.

So, congrats to Ariana too!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Joseph H. Vilas said...

Do you think Ariana will go out with me? ;)

10:48 PM  
Blogger Grant said...

Have Alex get a job at the wine store or maybe the Melting Pot so you can get the discount.

6:19 AM  
Blogger cookie monster said...

Congratulations to both Alex AND Ariana!

I've just congratulated a frenchman.....

7:32 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Great news for Alex and Ariana, all in a few days. Wunderbar!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

B-l-e-s-s-i-n-g! Luck spelled right!

God Bless you all! I am so glad you got a break in the red tape!

7:19 AM  
Blogger Kira said...

Angie--Thanks! It's always hard to remember that we need to savor the moment with our children while we're going through it, eh? I already miss savoring some of her earlier years (and Jared's too). I know sometimes as parents who work we just don't have the time to concentrate solely on something specific, but it doesn't make me wish any less that I did have that time!

Joe--haha! Well, only if you get rid of Andrew, her boyfriend, first ;)

Grant--then whatever he'd earn would go to The Melting Pot or Total Wine and More. We would just cash the paycheck and spend it before he left that day.

Cookie--That means, as an Englishman, you're going to Hell. Just sayin'.

Hoss--Yes! It's been a good week :)

Valerie--Thanks! Considering how we've hit nearly every BAD break, statistically, we were due ;)

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home