My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Trip

Well, first off, I'd like to thank those who commented on my story!

Thanks, everybody! It means a lot to me that everyone seems to understand and enjoy it (if crying can be called enjoyment...haha!).

Amanda, I'll work on the rabbit. Mechanical rabbits are lookin' mighty good right now...

Jezzy, I appreciate that you liked it!

WordWhiz, I have no formula for being able to let go when you know you should. The stupidest thing I ever did as far as "rick" was concerned was let him callously discard me and then sweet talk me back all within the span of a few weeks. I knew after the second breakup that I should say NO WAY if he ever wanted back together again, but in my heart I realize that it was a long, long time afterwards when I knew his hold was gone and I COULD say no. My "chris" (IE, Alex) went a long way to healing that last wound. You know what? The last time I spoke to "rick" on the phone, he talked like he could have me back. The biggest satisfaction I had was to then talk all about Alex on the phone and how great things were, and have him go silent and confused. HAH! HAH HAH HAH! *chuckles evilly some more* :) But I have no idea what the "formula" is for getting over a man. I just know it took too damn long for my sanity!

And Angie...isn't that just the truth? Most significant others I know would do one of the following in response to the story I wrote: a) not read it; b) read it and not get it; c) read it and feel that every aspect of it was my life (which it's not) and become very jealous and defensive. Alex is just fantastic beyond words! It's great to have somebody who is so good to me and who KNOWS me...knows all my faults and all my bonuses...and loves every last inch of me. Even my damned emotional baggage! haha!

Ok, so, for the blogworld: I drive down tomorrow to Florida with the kids. I'm unemployed, so why the hell not? We'll be at my folks for a week. They have a computer so I may end up posting, but if I don't, you'll know it's for a good reason. I can't wait to take the kids to the beach and eat my mom's fantastic food. We'll have far fewer sweets this time because, unfortunately, my dad was diagnosed with diabetes last November...but ALL her food is the kind that could be served in a great restaurant!

Wish me well on the road. It's an all day trip with TWO (2) small children of ages seven and four. OH, and MY CAT!!!! ARG. I can't afford boarding or a pet sitter, and the ex is going to be gone that week too, so my cat is ALSO going to be in the car! We leave bright and early tomorrow so that I can end the suffering as quickly as possible...

4 Comments:

Blogger WordWhiz said...

Hermes says the best way to get over a man is to get under one. I guess that fits with your "Chris" helping you to get over your "Rick". Unfortunately, I have no ready substitute waiting in the wings. Well...with the possible exception of Hof's brother who he keeps offering me. Of course, he is nearly half my age, lives in another part of the country and has no idea his brother is offering him up as a prize for being the 1,000 visitor to his blog-site...but hey - why worry over details?

7:12 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

Oohhh Amanda...excellent suggestion! Surely they have more than tuna and ramen to steal!

Wordwhiz, I just looked at Hof's site and realized that I also have charter.com...but that's ok, you're welcome to the prize if it turns out to have been me! haha! And don't worry about the younger man thing...you MUST realize that you are only as old as the man you feel! I'm dating a man who is, technically, nine years younger than me. It's great! I guess it only bothers me when I think I am old enough to have given birth to 'em :)

8:13 PM  
Blogger Jezzy said...

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

11:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just a quick message to say that Kira has arrived safe and sound after a long trip :D

She now has a chocolate cake as a reward. Miam !

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home