My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Tagged!

Ok, I think I have the assignment straight, even though Amanda hasn't been on to answer my question in her comments yet (hung over? good sex so she's sleeping in? signing papers at CU for the teaching position? that's the list I choose to think she's accessing!). I'm supposed to list off ten things I haven't done yet but WANT to do. Let's try this list. I assure you it will dip into the sewer at least once (gutter's too high class for me).

1) LEARN FRENCH. I think that's a pretty obvious one considering my previous post. I would like to learn French so well that I could write in it and the French would be awestruck by my immense intellectualism. Yeah, might as well aim high!

2) Get something published. I would like to get one "fun" thing published...something entertaining that hits the best seller list just for sheer readability. Then I'd like to get something published that has a minor audience to it...a literary audience who will be amazed at my well-turned phrase and clever symbolism.

3) Have sex up against a house wall. No wait, I did that one. Hum. Ok, use nipple clamps! WEEHAH! And assorted other sex toys I have yet to conquor. Remember, folks, to never buy one of those silly sleigh beds! There's just no realistic place to put the ropes! haha!

4) Marry Alex and live happily ever after. I never thought about getting married again when my marriage collapsed, but...wow...there's just no person out there who can come close to this man and I'd rather keep him.

5) Earn enough money that I can pay for my kids and help out my sister's kids to go to college so they don't have to work their way through their degrees. I did my bachelor's degree without having to work thanks to mom and dad, and when I worked full time through graduate school, I understood what a complete blessing this gift was. Thank you, mom and dad, and I can only hope to return the favor with your grandchildren. I don't worry about my brothers' kids. Both of my brothers are wealthy and can send their kids with no student loans to Harvard if they desired. I worry more about my kids and my sister's kids.

6) Travel...a hell of a lot. I want to visit Hawaii, Australia, Bermuda, Ireland, and Japan. I think that's my top five list right now. I've already checked off England, Wales, Canada, France, Alaska, Mexico, and the Carribean.

7) Have a third child. With Alex. Three will complete the set and then I'm done.

8) Buy a house that's big enough for my family unit to live comfortably, with a REAL backyard.

9) Get my PhD in Medieval Lit and finish what my ex made me stop.

10) Get a culinary arts degree as well. Cooking is more than a passion to me...like reading and writing, it's LIFE.


Honorable mentions: actually integrate exercise as part of my daily routine; get a bellybutton piercing (always wanted one of those!)

Wow, I only went to the sewer once! Hum. Must be out of it today :) But anyway, that's my list. I want to tag Jezzy, Chuck (like he'll do it!!!), and M. Weasel.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the culinary arts degree idea. Must put that on my ever-growing to do list. I want to get my navel pierced too, but I need to continue on this healthy eating plan for awhile long before that can happen. Also, I want to get 2 more tatoos. (I only have one now.) Then, I'll be done with body modification.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Kira said...

Amanda--sleigh bed only works if you have long ropes. You can tie the ropes to the feet that way. That's inconvenient. It means you have to have more rope around the house :)

Angie--I have a list of body modifications that includes a slew of piercings, but I will hold off on all of them until after I figure out if I'm going to reproduce one last time. Can you imagine a bellybutton piercing with a rapidly expanding belly? Or nipple piercings while breastfeeding? haha! I just have to wait :)

The only problem with a REAL culinary arts degree is that I'd have to go to Charlotte or Charleston (or Atlanta) to get a decent one rather than a techified one....

10:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OH My....
I am mentioned quite a lot :o
I am also, honored, in love and horny now...
Hmmmm ropes, bed, sex toys... :D

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home