My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tattoo

...so it just must suck to have me as a mom sometimes. My lack of patience manifests in interesting ways.

Today, we opened up a new box of Pop Tarts. The kids were excited because there was a temporary tattoo inside.

ONE temporary tattoo.

Do you see the issue? Immediately, a fight ensued as to who would get the rights to the tattoo. The squabbling got to me. I didn't feel like doing the usual "let's put this up since you guys can't decide who gets it" routine wherein I then save it for a later time when, oh, I dunno, we get another box of Pop Tarts and hence another tattoo.

Nope. Exasperated, I grabbed it and put it on myself. "It's mine. I never get the tattoos," I whined, and to their stunned expression (and Alex's huge grin), I then proceeded to use a wet washcloth to add it to my arm. They hovered around anxiously to see the result, then giggled when they saw that mom's left arm now proudly says, "Pop Tarts...To The Moon!" with an odd graphic next to it.

If you're on Clemson's campus tomorrow, I think I'll be pretty easy to spot. It's a big ass tattoo.

My poor kids.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL - that's great! It was the perfect solution to the problem. Much better than offering to cut the tattoo in half to see who its true own really was.

1:21 PM  
Blogger NWJR said...

Dayum. I wish *I* had a cool Pop-Tarts tattoo.

:-(

1:36 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

What you need to do is take them down to the local tatoo parlor and let them choose one. Only make one requirement: It has to be 12" square. Maybe they'll have second thoughts.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Don't try to make it seem like you were being "motherly". You just wanted the tattoo too, so you pulled rank on those poor, innocent kids!!

(Oh, and I want to see it!)

6:34 PM  
Blogger Joseph H. Vilas said...

Why didn't you put it on your ass? Maybe it would have gotten someone to grab it. ;-P

7:45 PM  
Blogger Grant said...

A big ass tattoo. That does sound like an odd graphic.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Laurita said...

Put it on the top of your boob, wear something low cut, and then go out and watch people try to figure it out.

5:41 AM  
Blogger X. Dell said...

(1) Too bad Pop Tarts doesn't have one that says, "Born to Ride," or "Tequilla Paradise,"or something that approximated a real tattoo.

On second thought, maybe it's a goo thing to make it not look like a real tattoo. Can you imagine the sheer increase in cardiac arrests and fainting spells across the country?

(2) Congratulations on Ari's acceptance. I'm hoping that the school gives her a good challenge.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Question for ya... what kind of poptarts were they? I need to get one of those tattoos for a gag gift for someone who had a very interesting poptart related faux pas on a plane leaving GSP recently.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Seems fair to me - The ones who buy it get the treats.

Am glad you're having fun!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

Angie--well, the King Solomon approach would not have been nearly as much fun! haha! And the type of pop tart was "hot chocolate." It's a new flavor.

NWJR--yeah, well, not everybody is so damned special, ya know? ;)

Hoss--If I do that, my daughter will end up with a tattoo. Trust me. Jared would turn it down, but Ari (my little wild one) would be allllll for it!

Amanda--Hah! You caught me! And heck, the thing is still on my arm and just as good as it was when I stuck it on, so you're welcome to see it ;)

Joe--well, sure, if I could run around campus butt naked, that might work.... hehe

Grant--not quite, and now you've seen it...watcha think?

Laurita--you know, that just might be the ticket I need to get the guys to pay attention in my lit classes this term.

X dell--although I'd enjoy that kind of tattoo more, there's something very entertaining about having a pop tarts tattoo on one's arm that's positively silly. And thanks! Ari needs challenges to not fall asleep in any sort of academic setting. I'm sure you remember what it was like.

Val--see? I knew I could depend on you to come up with the good rationale! Yes, we're definitely having a blast here. Who needs money when we have such a great family and a lot of laughs?

6:32 PM  
Blogger Adrianne said...

Very good I think I need to try that one.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Juanita said...

Oh MY, Kira, that is too funny. I can't wait to do that to my kids!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Memphis said...

I love Poptarts. Wish I could be on campus tomorrow to look for you.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home