My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Here I am!

I found Jezzy's comment very appropriate. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" was something that Jared felt compelled to ask in a variety of forms the entire trip. That's the bad news. When you are less than an hour into driving and your son says, "Why aren't we there yet? It's taking a very long time!" you know it'll be a rough journey. Hmm you know what is also awful on this computer? I can't make a paragraph break for some reason. So this blog entry is going to be a long, rambling thing. Sorry! Ok, so the trip from my area of South Carolina to Florida WITH kids has always taken me twelve hours in the past. In contrast, my dad with his fuzzbuster (IE, a radar detection device) makes the trip in eight and a half hours. This trip, however, we made it in a world-record 10 hours, 15 minutes! woohoo! Unfortunately now, however, my daughter can read. Why is that a problem, you ask? Because this is direct dialogue from our trip, I respond: daughter--"MOMMY! Why does the sign say speed limit 70 mph but your speedometer says 80?" haha! Anyway, we made it here to the land of good, free, mom has prepared it food, and I am glad. I just found out that my brother Ken has, as of this week, bought a 5200 sq. foot house. WOOF! Both of my brothers are very well off, you see. My brother Mark has a similar sized three story house in Canada. Anyway, I decided that it'll now be even more fun to visit: the guest room has its own floor. There's a basement, fully furnished, with a bedroom, full bath, and an entire media room/entertainment area next to it. THAT is where my little family unit will stay when we visit! Yay! My brother Mark's house is the same way. His bottom floor (not a basement though) is an entertainment room with a pool table, wet bar, huge ass TV and stereo, plus a large guest bedroom and full bathroom. Visiting them is fun! It's strange being the only broke child in my whole family (well, my sister is doing fine but she's not wealthy like my brothers and my parents)...however, I have to tell you that the perks are great. I'm the baby of four, you see, and so whenever I go visit family, they dote on me and go crazy. It pays to visit family! haha! Speaking of which, I'll get back to them now. Damnit if this lack of being able to make a paragraph break isn't driving me NUTS...sorry about that, folks!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jezzy said...

Kids and cars are a dangerous combination. x

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting doted on must rock! (I'm the oldest, so I generally am expected to do the doting.) I cannot imagine taking the kids on a 10 hour drive. I think I'd have to force them to wear muzzles b/c they would have likely reached a feverishly argumentative state after only five hours.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home