My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Thursday, June 30, 2005

The Horror, The Horror

...so I went to pick up the kids today at the ex's house. OH MY GOD! What a pigsty!The kids even flat out told him, we're glad to be going back to mom's house where it's clean. Ariana opened up my car and screamed out happily, It's clean, it's clean, unlike your car daddy! Rob tried to tell me that he was embarrassed that Ari told a friend of his at a neighbor's house that the house was incredibly messy. Hello? Embarrassed about it? Clean it up! Then she won't say that!

Brrrr. I don't mean he forgot to mop and dust and left some plates in the sink. I mean: crap all over the floor. His empty beer bottles on the kitchen counter. Mold. Gross shit. I reminded him that if DSS were to swoop by, they would not be impressed. He admitted it was the worst ever, and that he would clean it up by the time he gets to see them again. Considering that he has ten days, I expect the place to be tidy indeed.

Perhaps I should send in....THE TERMINATOR to fix his ass!

Terminator

HAHA! This picture of Alex always amused me because it totally reminds me of the Terminator. Which in turn makes me crack up because Alex is a gentle soul.

I should correct that: Alex is completely laid back and sweet unless you push him too far. A friend of mine called him "indulgent" once. I think that's the perfect word. He is very mellow unless you take advantage of him or threaten somebody he loves. If you do the latter, you'll be lighter a few teeth and some blood! haha

I already miss Alex like crazy, but it'll be worse over the family reunion. I doubt I'll have computer access, so a phonecall before bedtime is all we'll get. Pity him: before bedtime for me means he will have to stay up until 4a to give me a ring! God I can't wait until his visa gets straight. The kids keep asking for him, and I can't stand not having him around.

On another note, I had lunch with Amanda today. We got the giant bowl of queso dip because...we luv cheeeese. The waiter was totally amused these two chicks were ordering the family sized bowl of cheese dip--as if he felt we could never even put a dent in it, being just two of us and female and all. I told Amanda I would feel deep shame if we didn't polish it off.

I feel deep shame. But we came close! You could almost see the bottom! haha! I think we got about 90% of it. GO TEAM AMANDA AND KIRA!

Oh, and the latest cookbook new recipe rocked! It was a gorgonzola cheese, wine, and cream sauce over fettucine. GOD it was great!

Anyway, folks, I'll be at the family reunion for a few days, so if you don't hear from me for a bit, that's why! Seeya!

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

In my defense, I would like to say I thought the picture was amusing when I took it too.

I am going to be a fucking big mess until Kira comes back but I know it will be worse for her.

Fuck visa laws!
Fuck bureaucracy!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

International long-distance relationships are hard. I know! At least you two have the internet!!! Bonne chance et bon courage!

Ew...I hate grime. I can take mess, but I can't take grime.

Do you think Rob is slipping into the "no energy for anything but drinking" phase??? That's kind of awful. I hope he cleans up his place. I'd be mortified if the kids were making comments.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Jezzy said...

Great piccy - he's cute!

And I totally understand the whole Visa crap!

Gav and I got engaged in April 2003 while he was in England and I was in Australia and we were told that his finance visa would take about 6-8 weeks.

His visa it didn't come through until November 2003 and our wedding was in February 2004!

So, so frustrating. I spent a lot of time crying.

I feel for you both! *hugs*

6:57 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

Alex, love--I know you worry when I drive long distance with the kids and you aren't with me...but we will be fine! Love you darling!

Laura--my daughter happily tells folks that her DADDY'S house is a pigsty and that her mommy's apartment is clean. Therefore, I don't get embarrassed. I just get irked that they are brought into such a mudpit at times. He's been stepping the drinking up again, but mostly when the kids are gone. I ask Ariana, and she tells me he drinks a few beers but spaced out all day and so he doesn't seem drunk. My god, my poor daughter...on drunk watch with her dad at seven. Sigh. Today was a "moment." Damnit. I just got off the phone with him. He called, drunk, to tell me all sorts of things like how he still loved me and always would, and how I just "gave up" on things...'cause three years of hell wasn't long enough to give up? It was two years when I decided to go, and three before I managed. Sigh. Oh, and here it was at 9p and he's drunk, and I left his house at 5p and he hadn't drank anything all day. He told me he was going to fetch something right after we left. That was quick!

Jez--ARG! that's...hideous in how long it took! And here I was thinking only the US had such a time with visas. I didn't know Australia was that bad too!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

Haha! yes! I think the order for Alex Clones is in the double digits now...I need to get crackin' !

I'm still full too. Urp. But I managed dessert anyway...why? BECAUSE! Yeah. Uh. That's the best answer I can give!

8:32 PM  
Blogger Joseph H. Vilas said...

You "luv cheeeese"? I can't believe it! ;) I had a cheeseburger tonight with St. Andre on it. Better yet, it was made out of Kobe beef. It was called... wait for it... the Obi-Wan Kobe burger. :) If you don't believe me, look at the dinner menu for Restaurant Starlu.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

I don't know whether to roll my eyes or go "ew ew ew" at the drunk "I still love you, baby" call. What a nightmare...or quelle cauchemar! (did I spell that right?) Doesn't matter...you get the point!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home