My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Our Next Pictures!

Ok, so I thought you guys would like to see what I look like as an anorexic...haha! Seriously, I only get "way skinny" when I am depressed. This is a picture of me taken about four years ago, when my son was 9 months old. No, the truck is not mine:

RedheadinSeattle

So, let's see, that was August 2001 when I was visiting a friend in Seattle. I actually wore a size 2 back then. Of course, it helps that I'm a midget, too.

And now this one! It's the picture that Hof used to sketch my avatar. I took it with a webcam one night. I can't even remember why I decided to snap it, but it's a fairly recent one (IE, within the past year). This is the part wherein you go, damn Kira, my god you don't look 35 :) HAHA!

And I can tell you WHY I don't.

You are only as old as the man you feel.

There are bonuses to dating younger men, I tell ya...

Kirahere

There. That's enough of that. I'll dig up a good one of the kids later. For now, if you want to see a picture of the kids, you can go to Amanda's blog. She just took one when we were eating cake yesterday (see my Places of Wonder links list for that blog if you don't go there).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First (after visiting Amanda's blog) - the heart-shaped plates rock! And yes - you are 100% right - you ARE only as old as you feel. The kids keep asking me if I'm sad that I'll be 34 soon. Admittedly, when I started my 30s, I was a little sad. (I actually spent the 30th birthday in Rome though, so that part wasn't awful at all.) But now, I have this new philosophy where age is totally relative, so it's nothing to worry about anyway. Bring it on, 34! I'm ready!

5:07 AM  
Blogger Kira said...

Actually, Angie, I haven't been depressed about the birthdays since the 30th one myself (although I'll trade the memories of that day for being in Rome! haha! God, I've never been to Italy *whines* I wanna go!). For some people the big 4-0 is the nightmare. My sister seemed really bothered by it. Eh, for me it is 30 because somewhere in my mind that delineated youth from settling down and being responsible. But then I turned 30 and nothing horrible happened, so who cares? My mom is 66, and she acts like she's my age. She probably looks, at most, 50 yrs of age too because her attitude is so bouncy and energetic. She's always been my example on how you don't have to "age" if you don't want to!

And yeah, I'm so glad you appreciate the plates too :) hehe There's matching mugs as well, each one a matching color to each plate! Alex knows my tastes well! One day, when I get a Real Job Too, I'll have a party like Amanada wants to throw and I'll pull out ALL my funky plates and platters and cups and such so I can finally get excited to use them all! haha!

5:15 AM  
Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

I took a look at Amanda's site. It IS good to put a face with a name. You're a cute little thing. :)

7:55 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

Thanks, dear! I'll try and hunt up a more clear one of the kids today so everybody can see their faces, too...

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home