My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Mmmmm scallops

Ok, so the scallops in ginger sauce over leeks were great! I'm thinking of tackling cerviche next. After all, that's part of my heritage. I damn well can't speak Spanish, but I can cook all sorts of hispanic foods fooking well! Yay for me. I have a "Southwest Cooking" cookbook that had several interesting recipes in it, but this salmon cerviche looked good, and salmon is on sale this week at Publix. Bonus! I picked out a nice rogan josh for the one recipe out of an Indian cookbook, but I want to wait until Alex comes here before I make that one. I think he'd like it a lot, and I don't want him to miss out on it. Three recipes picked out...only 37 or so more to choose! haha!

Today's activity with children: make father's day cards for their daddy since father's day is this Sunday. I let them pick out bags of chocolate at the grocery store to add with their cards because they wanted to give something to Rob. No, the ex would NEVER think of doing this sort of thing for me on Mother's day, but who cares? My kids want to do the right thing, and I'm here to help. Anyway, I was very surprised because Jared suggested that Alex might need a card too since he was also their father. I froze. I said nothing. I gaped like a fish out of water, and then Ariana said, YES! I will make him a card TOO!

Wow. Sniff.

Now, Ariana made the card, but Jared decided that the other thing he put together for Alex a few days ago (that he's still carrying around the house, clutching periodically) could be Alex's father's day present.

It is apparent my children are fully invested in this relationship, so now Alex just has to be aware that he has to stay...or die. Two easy options, and that's it! haha!

Ok, so here's your French slang lesson for the day:

Je parle francais comme une vache espagnole.

It means, literally, I speak french like a spanish cow. But the slang translation is: I murder the french language/speak it poorly.

I figured it was important for somebody just trying to learn the language to know this one!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

*snif*

I am so fucking damn honored and happy that your wonderful children love me so much. I have said so before but I will again: I am jealous of Rob hehe.

They are fantastic and so are you.

Thank you for making my life a paradise dearest one. *kiss*

I love you.

PS: hmmm indian food !

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home