My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Thursday, June 09, 2005

I need...

...to get off my lazy ass and learn how to now take the blogroll I set up and put it on my site, plus use the link function I activated on my account. But I haven't done it yet. I'm too busy talking to Alex and doing the things listed in the bottom post. I only have two more days to sort it out before I lose time again. On Friday night, I get to take Ariana camping with some Girl Scouts! Woohoo! I'll be in the woods until Sunday, and then at that point I'll have both of them for a while so I won't get much done.

Hmmm since tonight is my last night to drink for a bit, I should guzzle up some wine and sit down and mess with my blog. That doesn't sound right. Hum. Well, you know what I mean.

I especially need to link up to Hof's site since he was so kind as to do this sketch that I now have. If I knew what the hell I was doing, I'd also show you guys the original picture so you would know what he based it on. But I don't. Know what the hell I'm doing, that is.

Sadly, I used to be very up on techie stuff and was an excellent programmer in high school (Basic, Pascal, Fortran Watfiv). Then I went off to Duke and lo, I had a crap teacher in computers who poisoned me so badly that I didn't go near a computer except to type up papers for FIVE YEARS. Then when I came back to using computers, it was just for computer games. It's a mental block that I should try and get over. I mean, I stared at the coding out of curiosity one day and thought, well, it's all got a beginning tag and and end tag, for each command/function, how hard could that be to learn? It seems very logical. I should be able to really do funky stuff if I just would sit down and LEARN how to do it...

...I'll add it to the list...

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ugh I know what you mean. I am excellent at figuring how stuff works just based on a few examples but I need a good reason for me dive into it.
I know how my PC works, can put one together. I can fool around with programs and do a good job with them.
But web pages are alien to me :p
It's not that it is too complicated, it's just that i have no incentive to start to learn.

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not that bad to figure out, although I actually put the links into mine instead of using blogrolling. I think you just go to the template tab and past the code into the template, but you might want to ask someone who uses blogrolling first. I think that Gama does.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Kira said...

Amanda, I can give you scallops from the above recipe maybe if you help me out? :)

And Angie, the blogrolling thingy DOES give you code to copy and paste, so I'm thinking it won't be so bad if I can get off my ass and do it...

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home