My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Monday, May 30, 2005

I Wonder...

My parents took us all to church yesterday (Catholic church, of course) and then out to breakfast afterwards. That's how they always got me to go to church when I was living under their roof: bribery with food. If we went during the morning, I'd get breakfast; if we went at night, I got dinner. Woohoo! Anyway, as I was tucking my son into bed last night, he had the most interesting line of questioning. His first question: mom, what happens if we don't pray? I mean, if we don't pray, does anything special happen or not happen? (keep in mind the boy is only four years old). Haha! I have to admit, I've never had anybody ask that question before! Then he said a bizarre thing: mom, I can't remember god. I can't remember god! And he sounded almost...panicked. I said, what do you MEAN you can't "remember" god? He said, I mean just that, momma! I'm trying to remember, but I can't remember...I can't even remember if god's a boy or a girl! It was the whole attitude he had that really makes me ponder upon the incident. He acted as if he DID remember god at one time, and now he couldn't...and it upset him. Hmmm.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kirsi Marcus said...

Nice name btw, very similar to my own.

Children really are the most profound sort of people. What is it that we loose as we get older?

5:31 PM  
Blogger Jezzy said...

Wow - yes, as Kirsi says - it's profound - and scary. Hard to know how to answer!

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that's just so interesting that he has this need to remember God. I don't think I've heard it put just that way before. He's quite the young philosopher.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Chief Slacker said...

When I was a kid I thought we had to pray because we were afraid of God doing something abd to us if we didn't. Guess that's the Catholic attitude for ya :O(

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a lecturer position! Well - it's not official yet b/c they have to do my background check. I hope you hear something soon!!!

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home