My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Ariana's Thought for the Day

I forgot to inform blogdom of my trip this weekend to Hilton Head. Oopsie! Sorry! We just got back. I have some good friends who sponsored the whole trip. Eric lives there, so free lodging. Maureen and her son Nathan drove down, and Nathan and the kids love to play. The water park, tolls, and all food/meals out were taken care of by Eric because he's just a totally freakingly wonderful person. So, for the price of gas, we went to Hilton Head! Yay!

Yes, we have tans now.

So, we drive through Greenville on the way back up. Ariana asks me why it's called Greenville. I shrug and reply, "Well, I guess that when the first people arrived here, it was green and lush and in bloom and beautiful, so they decided to just name it 'greenville,'" I said as a shot in the dark.

Long pause.

Her reply, as she stares at the buildings and cement and traffic: "So why did they decide to destroy it then?"

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Ok, ok, so I'm entirely too amused my my children's wit....*continues to chuckle in a lower tone so as to not to disturb others*

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

LOL
Ok, I just thought that she is likely going to be a lot smarter than her future husband :D
That was a very profound thought for a 7 year old! :D

7:08 PM  
Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

Too funny. I can't wait until mine are talking (although I'm going to have to watch my mouth a lot better). I'm with Alex...smart girl!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

Laura--if they are REALLY smart, you won't have to watch your mouth....trust me! haha! My four year old son said crap while playing a video game the other day. I sighed and started out with, "Well, I know you hear your mommy say that but..." and he cut me off with a disgusted, "OH MOM! I KNOW not to say that at SCHOOL!"

Oh. Well then. Uhh...carry on? haha!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Alex is so right. Ari is going to be way smarter than her future husband. Of course, if she marries someone local, that statement becomes even more obvious.

Note to all local men: I would apologize for that statement, but a number of your cohorts have proven themselves worthy of the title of Super Jackass. Thus, local women are now importing men (right, Kira?)

6:06 AM  
Blogger Buff Huntley said...

Hey, Kira,
Took one peek at my blog and saw your post. Yes, I'd love to interview you -- need some time to abstract down to five questions. I think I'll need to review your archives first to keep from redundancy.
I probably sound cranky and overreactive -- yup, that's me, which is why I'm backing off for a while. But I'll be looking at a few others' blogs now and then, like FWs and yours. Watch for your questions!
And I may hit the limoncello tonight while looking at photos of Sean Bean.

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very smart kid! You know - I wonder that too, now that she brings it up...

11:16 AM  
Blogger Cty said...

That's so funny. I guess it's like Cosby used to say: kids really do say the darndest things!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We have a saying in France I just remembered:
Truth comes out of a childrens' mouthes.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Chief Slacker said...

Kids have such a great view of the world. Too many people lose that when they get older and gete all cynical. this is why I keep some stuffed animals in my room, everyone needs a little reminder that it's not bad to think like a kid sometimes!

2:35 PM  
Blogger GM said...

Silly Ariana, doesn't she know that destruction is cute and cuddly? Tsk tsk, Kira, what HAVE you been teaching her?

3:28 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

Amanda--yes. I have to import my men now. The good locals are already married, taken, or gay. And I can't stand stupid men in a relationship, so there was then no choice but to go abroad! haha!

Innana--Limoncello and Sean Bean sounds like a great combination for unwinding. All you need now to top it off is a nice soothing bath followed by a professional massage, and you're done!

Angie--me too! I never have given it much thought until she brought it up!

April--your job as my ego feeder is secure, safe, and sound! *sings a James Bond theme song to her* Noooooobody does it better....makes me feel sad for the rest....noooooobody does it, quite the way you do!

Cty--yes. I know all kids say amusing things from time to time, but my kids seem to especially let them fly all the time! haha!

Alex--we have one here too, very similar: Out of the mouths of babes...

CS--yup! If we keep that child-like approach to the world, not only do we live a happier life, but we end up living longer lives too!

Ency--I've covered the critical robot and weasel education, so don't worry about that ;)

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home