My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Limoncello

Limoncello

Oh, limoncello, you are my loooooove!

I am excited because I found this brand of alcoholic lemonade here in obscure town, South Carolina. Yay! It's $20 a bottle though, so it won't be a frequent purchase.

Stick limoncello in the freezer. Serve it in tiny glasses. Deb had these gorgeous little lemon type glasses, very small, that she got in Italy to serve it with. Wow, they were cute. I suppose Alex and I must now go to Italy so we can fetch some. haha!

Yes, kids are with the ex tonight. Duh. As I sit here sipping my limoncello, I ponder the greatness of life. Tomorrow, however, I might just ponder the cries of my liver instead.

I would like you all to know how much I love Alex. See, my Harry Potter: HBP just arrived today, but I've not opened it and instead am talking to HIM on msn. Yup, that proves it. He needs no other demonstration!

And other random thoughts: I found Jared's precious express coaches for Gordon (IE, Thomas the Tank Engine). He'll be soooo excited. I can't wait!

Ari, however, is getting some blue nail polish and a little Lisa Frank craft kit.

Why are they getting presents for no reason? Well, I realized that if Ken gave me $2k, I can give my kids a little something as well. Yes, I will get my dermatologist appointment too. It's just....well, why can't the kids have something fun for all that too?

See, this is a wonderful night. I have: Alex, webcam, on msn; limoncello; fresh bread and goat cheese; cheesecake with strawberries. And HP waiting for me when I get off the damned addictive computer. Only thing that could be better is Alex in person. Woohoo!

Oh, glorious night! Oh wonderous world we call Earth! Yes, yes, tonight I am happy! Yehaw!

16 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmmmmm that all sounds so tempting.....I soooooo want harry potter :'(
I think I will go back to reading book 5 in the meanwhile lol.

Je t'aime.

I want to try that alcohol dearest. I think I will like it. I all ready enjoy the affect it has on you from my webcam point of view :D

8:12 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

LMAO! What, the nudity point of view?

If you can wait a couple of weeks, you can read mine. You know that as soon as I open it, a few hours later it'll be done, so....

Je t'aime aussi :)

8:16 PM  
Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

Damn, you two! I need to get me some Limoncello!!!!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Joseph H. Vilas said...

Told ya you could find it. :)

10:36 PM  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Your posts are too cute. I'm glad your brother was so free spirited with his money. It seems he knew you needed it and and I'm glad that you took it! Sounds like it couldn't have come at a better time. ....Kudos to you too for getting the kidos some gifts - I'm sure they'll enjoy them.

As for the Limoncello - I may just have to look for some of this stuff too!

HP - I'm just in the 3rd book - yes, I know, I'm behind - but I'll get there eventually. Happy reading!

11:34 PM  
Blogger Jezzy said...

I love Limoncello on vanilla icecream. Hmmmm.

4:44 AM  
Blogger cookie monster said...

the damned librarian wouldnt let me have HBP. im going to complain on monday!

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't tried that, but it sounds soooooooooo good. (Especially Jezzy's ice cream idea.) I wanna go back to Italy for so many reasons - especially to Perugia to get some more chocolate. =o)

6:03 AM  
Blogger Joseph H. Vilas said...

Will you let me have some limoncello if I promise to come grab your ass?

A few weeks ago, I stole an in-flight magazine that had an article on limoncello, and now I can't find the damn thing. I guess it *flew* away.... I was going to use the recipe to bribe you to do something-or-other (have you visit again or grab my ass or what have you).

4:05 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

Laura--if you like lemonade, you'd love this stuff!

Joe--yes, you may have limoncello if you grab my ass, but this time you must grab it RIGHT, not some pansy shit that nobody'd believe is an ass grab, do you hear me? :)

WM--the kids loved their gifts, so woohoo go me! Only on 3??? Lucky you! I mean that. I'm sad that the series is almost over.

Jezzy--thanks for the tidbit! That sounds great because limoncello is syrupy so I could definitely see that working.

CM--it's monday...did you shoot her? I recommend a tranquilizer gun so that you're not carted off to jail but she gets what she deserves!

Angie--I'm going to sound ignorant here, but Italians make good chocolate??? I know of excellent french chocolates and really good belgian or swiss chocolates...and even England has Thornton's...but Italy has good chocolate too? Cool!

Amanda--I just found out about HP 6 myself. It rocked!!! Is that what you were doing this weekend? ;)

5:01 PM  
Blogger Joseph H. Vilas said...

I think the more limoncello I'd have, the more likely I would be to grab your ass correctly. But I might need a primer shot or three. The *real* problem would be trying to stop. :)

7:04 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

What, Joe? stopping the ass grabbing or the limoncello drinking? :D

8:30 PM  
Blogger Buff Huntley said...

Oooh, limoncello. Never tasted it, I have a gift bottle in my freezer. Also some tiny little glasses I bought last month at a thrift shop. I was told Italians serve this after a fine meal, with dessert. Did you have the proper accompaniment? If not, what worked for you? I've been afraid to taste, but it's been a rough spring and I may have some friends over for this to blast the gloom out of our brains.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

Innana--Yes, my sister-in-law had it after a fine meal, but I believe after the entire meal...even dessert...in Italy. It's considered a digestive. So, after my entire meal, I sat down with my limoncello. If you like lemons and/or lemonade, you will love it...if you don't, you will hate it. I love "fun" alcohol. If it doesn't taste good, I won't drink it. Never understood the "drink to get drunk" concept. Anyway, it's great stuff! VERY high alcohol content though, so be careful (and I say this, unfortunately, because I misjudged how much it was this last time I drank some).

Amanda--hmm yes, I guess that does sound better! haha!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Buff Huntley said...

Do you like ouzo then? Tastes like Good N Plenty with a kick and turns a cloudy milky colour when you add water -- sort of like a magic trick. Drink with peanuts or other salty snack.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Foilwoman said...

I'm so drinking some of Innana's limoncello tonight!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home