My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

...nerves....

...shot...

My children ran around like crazy rabid foaming at the mouth water buffalo. From hell. I swear they didn't have much sugar today! I chose water buffalo because there was a lot of stomping, plus I swear the apartment complex floor almost echoed with every step they took. Or stomp they took. Hum.

It has been two hours now since Jared went to bed, and one since Ari went to bed, and I have still not recovered. If my liver didn't growl at me and say no way due to my overindulgence of limoncello the other night, I'd surely be swigging at more of the stuff to regrow a few nerves (just to be able to say I had some nerves). I would make a crap alcoholic since if I drink more than a glass or two of something one night, I tend to evade alcohol for a while afterwards. Considering how my ex is, I guess I should be grateful.

Once in a while we have one of these days. They actually weren't fighting. They were just LOUD, and they ran around, and they got louder, and they played with the cat toys, and all other toys got dumped in the living room, and they spilled half the goldfish on the floor (by accident, and as I was watching I knew that to be the truth of it), and then their father showed up UNEXPECTEDLY with a PIRATE COSTUME ON (please do not ask).

AARRRRGHHH! *rips hair out in clumps*

I wanted to write the rest of Jerome's story tonight. Ain't happening. I'm going to take my allergy medicine to stop the dizzy waves as I occasionally have a reaction--like today-- that causes congestion that presses on my inner ear, curl up in the fetal position on my bed, and go numb until I pass out.

I love my children. I am happy to be a mother. I love my children. I am happy to be a mother. I love my children. I am happy to be a mother....

10 Comments:

Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Keep repeating that girl! :) haha.... and when you have time, I'd love to know about the pirate costume. What's up with that?

8:34 PM  
Blogger Joseph H. Vilas said...

Is Rob still giving the kids those crack-laden Pixie Stix? Which reminds me, I forgot to give you the allergy drugs.

So a pirate walks into a bar with a ship's wheel stuffed in the front of his pants. The bartender thinks this is a bit odd, but he doesn't know too many pirates, and he's worried the pirate might take his head off with a cuirass, so the barkeep stays quiet. The pirate says "Barkeep! A tankard of your finest ale, please sir!" The pirate takes his beer to a table and drinks it down, then staggers back and forth for a few more, with the ship's wheel being more of an impediment than the ale. The pirate continues to be polite, so the bartender finally works up his nerve:

"Mr. Pirate?"

"Arrr, yes, laddie?

"I'm sorry, but I can't help but ask -- why do you have that ship's wheel stuffed down your pants? It seems mighty inconvenient."

"Arrr, it's drivin' me nuts."

8:41 PM  
Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Find a happy place! Find a happy place! Find a happy place.

And I can't help but ask about the pirate costume. When you have time and energy...

OK...this drunk walks up to a cop to report that his car has been stolen. He says, "please, ya gotta help me, ossifer, they stole my car!".

The officer asks "where did you last see your car". The drunk holds up his key chain and says "it was on the end of this key"!

The drunk continues to beg for help. The officer, not able to do anything about the car with the sketchy details that the drunk has provided, offers to take the drunk guy home.

Before the drunk gets in the squad car, the officer notices that this guy's fly is open and his weiner is hanging out. He politely asks the drunk to put his penis back in his pants.

The drunk looks down, sees his dick and says "Oh my God, they took my woman, too"!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Joseph H. Vilas said...

Why did I type "cuirass" when I meant "cutlass"? Maybe as long as the word has "ass" in it it's ok.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I saw the pirate costume on the webcam just so you know :D
It was scary...He was making "faces" in front of the webcam on purpose.

One of the things I instantly revered Kira for was her great capacity with her children. I don't men patience for I have that myself; no I mean her way of dealing with a child's tantrum. She can reason, persuade and make a child stop misbehaving and be good. It's hard work but it is so much better than simply yelling or punishing the children. It’s been 4 years since I first saw her deal with them this way, and to this day, I am amazed and stunned at her foresight in stressful situations.
Hence, I try to emulate her :)

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A pirate costume, huh? Oh my.

I have days like that too - all the time. A has outgrown a lot of the loud stuff. But sometimes she gets real snappy, and that has the same effect. M is still very loud. They compete for my attention, and some days I too want to rip my hair out.

Take a nice nap, and you'll feel better. =o)

11:38 AM  
Blogger Chief Slacker said...

Pirate Costume??? Sweet! ARRRG is right ;O)
hehe

I think you need to lay some smack down. Hit em where it hurts. take away the sugar ;O)

1:09 PM  
Blogger WordWhiz said...

I understand.

The chant, not the pirate costume.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

WM--my ex is...unique. I should explain the pirate costume in a blog entry some day soon to relieve the curiosity.

Joe--Not as far as I know. But they ARE on a sugar diet at his house, it seems.

And it seems that you are just fixated on ass these days, eh dear? :)

Bad pun there, but funny :)

Laura--that joke is hilarious! Sadly, I've seen the ex in a state of mind to say JUST those things before! haha!

Amanda--not only had I not been drinking, Alex hadn't either and HE got to see it on the webcam. Woohoo!

Alex--actually, you have way MORE patience than I do with kids...haha! But yes, I try to give them the logic of what is going off, and my kids respond well to logic unless overtired or too hungry (which really, that's how I am too...).

The downside: sometimes, all you really WANT to say is, "Because I'm the mommy, that's why" or the ever classic, "Because I said so!"

Angie--I would kill for a good nap! Or a nice long bubblebath...ahhh. My second splurge after my brother Ken gave me that check was to go to Bath and Body Works and load up! I may have no nerves, but I sure as hell smell good!

CS--that's what I do for extreme situations! "No more or you don't get dessert!"

What, you want to have his pirate costume? Apparently he's rented it, but he is thinking of buying it. No, not to wear at costume contests. Just to WEAR. Welcome to my world.

Mandy--all mothers, I believe, understand that chant. And if they don't and insist they never lose patience or never have frayed nerves...they are LIARS! :)

9:22 AM  
Blogger Joseph H. Vilas said...

I was traumatized by your visit. ;)

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home