My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Sunday, February 19, 2006

For Hoss

I thought of Hoss when I heard this one, so here it is (with my luck, he put this on his blog before I started reading it!):

Toward the end of the service, the minister asked, how many of you have forgiven your enemies? About 80% of the congregation raised their hands.

The minister then repeated his question.

All of the congregation raised their hands then except one little old lady. So the minister asked, "Mrs. Jones? You're not willing to forgive your enemies?"

"I don't have any," she replied sweetly.

"Mrs. Jones, that is very unusual. How old are you?"

"I'm 98," she replied.

"Oh Mrs. Jones, would you please come down in front and tell us all how a person can live ninety-eight years and not have an enemy in the world?"

The little sweetheart of a lady tottered down the aisle, faced the congregation and said:

"I outlived the bitches."

3 Comments:

Blogger cookie monster said...

hahahahaha! that put a big old grin on me face

11:56 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

This is something which I should strive to achieve: Not the 98, the "outliving" part. If it only takes another 6 minutes, I'll be happy.

7:41 PM  
Blogger NWJR said...

Now THAT is a true "Snort out Diet Coke through the nose as I'm reading it" moment! Thanks for the (ill-timed) chuckle!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home