My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Friday, October 27, 2006

Heading to Atlanta

Alex and I are just about to head to Atlanta to visit Grant for the weekend. I'm telling you all this so you know exactly who has us if we disappear. One never knows with Grant ;)

My back is killing me. Alex's back is also killing him. We're just about to drive three hours in the car anyway. What I tell myself in my head is: don't bitch about it. You could have two herniated disks like Angie (JPD). Now THAT would hurt. Shut up weenie. You can drive on this sucker. So, I shall. Plus there is copious alcohol at the end of the journey, and that always helps.

Anyway, I plan on gaining at least five pounds. I think we'll also get to see the other Angie too (Atlanta Angie--"Can of Worms"). Grant is making me (yes, I'm so unwilling!) do a three sushi tour of Atlanta to compare. Mmmm. I think I've mentioned I could eat sushi every night of my life! We're also getting mexican food one day and cajun food another. It should be fun! See y'all later!

(well, unless Grant kidnaps us and throws us in his basement, but then you'll at least be able to tell the police where the bodies most likely are...)

8 Comments:

Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

Tell Grant I said to stop working so much.

Have fun! I'm jealous of your 3 hour car trip!!!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Joseph H. Vilas said...

If y'all would stop fucking so much your backs would feel better. ;) Yes, I'm envious. Kira, please look at my blog; maybe I'll get a sympathy blow job or the like. :)

10:12 PM  
Blogger Juanita said...

Yum, yum, yum, fun, fun, fun. I wish I was on that three hour trip with y'all.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I wish I could go to Atlanta. I have been wanting to go to Northern Georgia for years. I think it is a very underrated part of the country.

Hope you have lots of fun.

5:01 AM  
Blogger NWJR said...

Food, folks and fun.

Wasn't that a McDonald's slogan at one time?

1:17 PM  
Blogger X. Dell said...

Actually, we would have to be able to give an address to police, should you disappear. But I think since you've written this, a "security post" they call it, you can rest assure that you'll be safe this weekend.

As to both of you having bad backs, what could be causing that, you think? Bad mattress?

10:02 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

Amanda--yes, but does Vopac make me giggle and act goofy? 'Cause really, that's the joy of pain meds ;)

Laura--at least I stopped him from working so much for one weekend this month, eh?

Joe--if the price for no back pain is no more fucking, I'll stick with the back pain thanks! And I'm so sorry about the car problems. Surely you're done with car accidents by now???

Juanita--you would have loved it...lots of great food!

Gary--well, Atlanta is very different from the rest of Georgia in my opinion! It's such a big city, you know? But there's lots to see and do. I bet you'd enjoy it!

NWJR--yes it was. Except the food we ate was much better than McD's ;)

X.dell--My back blew out because I saved a kitten from dying in a pull out sofa (long story). Ever since then, numerous trips to doctors has been futile. I'm not sure what the cause was with Alex in the beginning, but my mattress is really good. I sleep well on it, at least, and it doesn't seem to make it worse.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Joseph H. Vilas said...

The only way I can be done with car accidents is to stop driving, as I was rear-ended while stopped for pedestrians. Actually, they almost got hit too, so pedestrianism isn't safe either. :(

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home