My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Seeing Double

I want to know why I have strange second or third "echo" posts appearing after I hit submit. This last one appeared two days after I posted the damn thing. Blogger hates me.

So, student mentioned previously decided to not have sex with his girlfriend, and then one minute after they were together they both changed their mind. This is the part wherein I breathe relief that I had given him the stack o' condoms. Hopefully it'll delay any pregnancy for a while. It appears she can sneak out about once a week, so hopefully they have enough to last 'em for a while.

I'm eating half a cheesecake here. So much for watching my eating habits so I won't burst out of more clothes! Screw it.

Right now I'm supposed to be grading. I have more papers to hand back and I need to set up questions for an in-class essay tomorrow. I am procrastinating. Shock! Horror! What I'm mostly looking forward to is the break next week. If I can make it through tomorrow, Friday, Monday, and Tuesday, I have the rest of next week off. I can't figure out how to juggle kids and Alex. That is, I would love to drive down on Tuesday night and spend it with Alex, but that would mean not having kids. And then I want them back on Sunday if I do that so I could spend Easter with them (the Easter bunny never makes it to their dad's house). That'd work out great if I could just keep them at that point, but I can't: Ari has all of the next week off when I need to head to school. Therefore, they MUST stay with Rob from the 28th of March through the end of that week. I can't bring her with me five days in a row. Sigh. And Alex, of course, can't help me out because he has school. What to do??? I don't LIKE it when they are away from me too much. Sigh again.

I want to go buy The Incredibles. It just came out yesterday on DVD. I think just about anybody can appreciate that movie, but it's especially funny to me, the geek who used to also read comics compulsively when I was a teen. It covers so many of the comic stereotypes! I LOVE the whole thing about the capes! And getting the evil dude to tell the monologues! Terrific! I had taken the kids out to see it, and they loved it. We see too many movies in this house. I have no idea how it happened, but sometime when Ari was three it became THE thing we both loved to do together: see movies. She has always had an amazing attention span, so I was able to take her even before 3 to see a movie with no problems. Jared was four before he became ok in a theatre. Depends on the movie for him--Ari would watch anything, however.

Worst movie my kids ever forced me to see: The Country Bears. UG!

But we've seen a lot of good ones, too. Ari and I have enjoyed a lot more than Jared has. The one Jared really went nuts over was The Polar Express. Hey, it has a train in it. That's enough for him! He's still a Thomas the Tank Engine freak, plus just loves all things train-like. Ari liked Shark Tale, Shrek 2, The Pacifier, The Incredibles, Pirates of the Carribean, the Harry Potter movies, LotR (all three), etc. She also likes to torture Alex and make us all go see things occasionally like The Princess Diaries 2. Amazing how eager Alex was to take Jared out of the theatre to use the bathroom in the middle of that one! haha!

I think we'll see Robots next. That one sounds cute and it has Robin Williams in it, which makes it intriguing to me alone. Ari and Jared like the whole splurge thing at the theatre too. Jared just wants popcorn and soda (I get a bag for me, Alex if he's there, and myself to split...plus a large soda, free refills, for the three of us to split too). Ari wants her kid's pack. That involves a tray of popcorn, a cherry icee, and a pack of m&m's. Yes, I know that doing the food at the movies thing makes it twice as much, but I don't care. I was always told when I was little that we couldn't buy food at the movies due to it being ridiculously expensive, and I decided who cares. That is, I just will go to the movies less often but when I go, my kids can have popcorn! So there!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kira said...

Oohhh no five month anniversary! I'm guessing Mark isn't the lucky winner...do tell!

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home