My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

NO COMMENTS FOR YOU!

That's my official message to the blogger community. Wtf is it that I can't comment over half the time on blogs the last couple of days? Angie, Amanda, I've read every post, but I can't comment because blogger hates me! Waaaahhh.

Ok, the good news: Rob is now back.

Now, for the rest of the story.

Ariana looked out of sorts this morning. I was afraid she'd be sick, but she's bumping up to her maximum absences allowed by the state of SC, so I went ahead and sent her. She didn't have a fever, so I figured it'd be ok. Sure enough, she's caught what Jared had. So, they can't reach me at home, and they call Rob...

What they don't know is that Rob is intoxicated. They describe things to him like Ari is going to die, so he decides to drive drunk to pick her up from school. Then he drives her back. Sigh. I get to the school, find out where she is, and head to Rob's house. Alex, Jared, and I are there and Rob confesses instantly that he's intoxicated. Yay! So then I tell Rob we have an option: kids come home with me and Alex stays with them tomorrow. I have to go to school of course (I'm already missing Friday due to court), but Alex is really too willing to stay and help out the children he refers to as "his." Rob confesses guiltily that he feels like Crap Father because he's drunk, but that he had no idea he'd have to get Ari since I had the kids today/this week. Sigh. Then he says he feels that it will impose upon Alex too much. I assured him that Alex loves the kids and would be delighted to help out, and then when I tell him that Alex already took care of them on Monday and Tuesday when Jared was sick, Alex jumps in with a telling of how they played Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders, and made the gingerbread houses. Rob tears up then and shakes Alex's hand. "You're a good man," he said to Alex. Well, yes. He is. But I admit that I was stunned Rob admitted it and seemed to really FEEL it. He even referred to Alex as my boyfriend and seemed totally cool with it. He's never referred to Alex as anything at all before today.

Jared was fever free and perky this AM. Therefore, I took him to daycare. This maneuver turned out to be a mistake. After nap, he had a fever again of 101 and was groggy. I was amazed; he truly seemed to be all better and I couldn't have predicted it. The daycare worker said that the EXACT thing happened to another girl there: she was all better for a day, then she had to go home the next day to having the fever again. What the hell kind of illness is this??? My poor baby! I guess I have to be relieved it happened when Alex was around. He's completely reliable, has infinite patience, loves kids, specifically loves my (our?) kids, and is very responsible. I couldn't be more happy than to have him be the one to help.

I had better not be ill for our night at La Bastide, post divorce, Friday night!

Or sick on Sunday night. Time to get the cookies to Amanda!

I had some dumb ass student tell me TODAY, after two of the three days of the poetry projects have passed, that he must not have been around for the day of the group assignments and he has no group. He expects me to do something about it. Well, guess what? I AM going to do something about it! Hi, Joel, meet my friend Mr. Zero! Mr. Zero, Joel has asked for you personally, so please make him feel loved!

I always love the poetry project time. The students go overboard for the projects for me typically. Not only do I get power point presentations, hand crafted boxes full of poems, roses, and godiva, but I also get entertained royally. Today one of my students brought in a HUGE horse's mascot costume (Amanda: it's Josh, the guy who is hot who said he wanted to be a stripper to make money...he was in 101 then, but he's in 102 now with me) and started dancing around in it to the song he was presenting. My god, he wanted us all to dance! I got up and danced. Alex declined getting up to dance, so Josh made him get up and then grinded against Alex while Alex turned the most SCARLET shade I've ever seen skin turn! HAHAHAHAHA! Oh god, I'd have given them an A+ if they just provided me with tape of that later on for my amusement...

And last on the agenda: I think I can arrange to go to France for two weeks with Alex between spring and summer terms. I'll take Jared with me, but not Ariana as she can' t miss the school. Alex will fly over with us and take us back to the plane, then stay while he gets a few things straight in France before (hopefully, depending on the internship situation) coming back over. I can't wait to show him France, so I hope that Rob will let me take Jared with me. I think he will. I think that, as of today and what I observed, Rob realizes how good of a parent Alex IS to our children and will be fine with me taking Jared over with us. Whew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home