My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Saturday, February 26, 2005

What I'm Up To Now

Well, in the last two hours, I've made waffles for kids and cleaned up (from scratch of course! Bite your tongue!); I've taken down the Vday decorations and put up most of the Easter ones; I've sorted my coupons and made a grocery list; I've checked the air filter for the ac/heating unit since I needed to see the size to get a new one today; I've done some dishes, and did a load of wash. Weeeee!

I thought I'd share with those who might care what other thing has occupied my time lately:

http://shaylanariz.blogspot.com/

Don't feel obligated to read it or post on it. I just thought I'd share. Basically, I came up with this character and I want to use her in a story that I have in the back of my head. I thought it would be cool to do a complete background on her so that when I DO use her, I know exactly what she would always do or not do based on her personality traits. It seems to be unfolding like a soap opera...haha! I wanted to construct a character who was very complex in her motivations and actions. I think a doctor who lives to heal but also will use a sniper rifle to do the reverse is an interesting concept I wanted to keep. Basically, I'm facinated with that whole balance of life and death, or of any polar opposites. Making Shayla Nariz a child genius who could literally do whatever she wanted in life, then having her CHOOSE to also kill people on occasion, made her complex and interesting in my mind. Anyway, I'm having fun doing her complete story. I just toss off each post as it comes, so one day I'll need to go back and correct for grammar and spelling. I'm aware I probably have made a few typos on it, but I'd rather just GET IT OUT. Anybody who writes might understand that essential problem: if you edit and rework too much as you write immediately, you get caught up in making one paragraph perfect rather than finishing the rest of it, and then it never gets done. At least, that's ALWAYS been my problem with writing, so that's why I'm doing it this way.

Why am I starting up writing again? I don't rightly know. I used to write story after story in high school. The kids at school used to ask to read the next chapter the second I finished whatever. I showed my friend Lee my blog (she's been one of my closest friends since I was 13 years of age), and her immediate comment was that I needed to edit my previous stories and try and get things published...and that she'd help out with editing if I would let her. Lee has a double major in mass com and writing, plus does writing and editing as part of her daily job now, so I know she'd be an excellent choice for help. She got me thinking again. Oh well, even if I don't ever publish, I can still write for my own entertainment, yes? And that's where Shayla comes in.

I'm feeling more settled about the divorce thing. I will be cancelling classes that day with the boss' permission. The students will get a minor assignment instead to complete by Monday, and that's that. Alex will be here all that week, but for obvious reasons I will decline to take my boyfriend to my divorce hearing...haha!

Ok, so if you guys were wondering, I've come up with an equation I'd like to share:

4 boxes of Girl Scouts Thin Mints + 5 Animal Treasure cookies + half a box of Godiva truffles = one clothing size

I'm now officially at the max capacity of my wardrobe. In order to gain more weight, I will need a bigger size of clothes. Damnit. Good thing cookie season is now over for the GS. I can't afford to have to get more clothes. I'm starting to wear some of Alex's stuff to school...it's big on me, but it's more comfortable than my tight stuff at this point...

Somebody want to grade my papers? I sure as hell don't.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Je t'aime ma diablesse.
Je serais toujours à tes cotés pour le meilleur et pour le pire.
Chaque jour je ferais de mon mieux pour te rendre heureuse.
Je t'aime.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home