My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Dreams

Well, we all have dreams, right? Alex and I were looking at wedding options. He found the most gorgeous chateau in France ever to host our wedding...except we can't afford it. So, I'm putting it on the "must win the lotto" list. Or maybe it's the "I can really try out prostitution the next time I'm in Las Vegas" list...?

Here, check this gorgeous place out!

And this is the offer:

Saturday lunchtime:

Aperitif served on a terrace, lunch and coffee at their cottage swimming pool

Price: 135 euros per person, including a glass of champagne, our selection from their menu (entree (appetizer) + two dishes), selection of wines that will fit the dishes according to their sommelier and us, coffee, mineral water

We can use their cottage swimming pool (whatever that is?)during the coffee

Extra champagne: 65 euros per bottle

Wow...see, I'd love to have enough money to "reward" those who came out to see our marriage all the way to France with such a wonderful wedding reception! I always used to dream of a medieval wedding (remember, my master's is in medieval and renaissance literature). That means my dress would look like this, too (except I think it's like $3k, so, um, not happening):

I love this dress

So, I have a year to earn the money by prostitution or by lotto. The wedding should be June of 2007. Or I could steal one of Hoss' Make My Pile suggestions....he MIGHT let me do that because he loves me so much. I think. I hope :)

*****

My daughter wrote an essay for school and asked me to type it up on her blog. It's short. Go look at it and admire it. She needs encouragement in her writing because she thinks she can only do math and science well...even though she reads at a 5th grade level as a second grader. Yes, she can't spell (it's ironic that I corrected her spelling for her essay), but otherwise I think she did a great job!

Go look!

Ariana's Blog

Ok, now that was enough links. I never put up links. I just had three. I feel exhausted!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm yeah, we need 7500 dollars for the castle, 135 dollars per guest (around 80) and 3000 dollars for the dress...

I am thinking we should invite people, ambush them, harvest their kidneys or sell them on the slave market and then we could afford the wedding...course, we would have no guests...

Weddings are expensive things when you are a broke student riddled with loans.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Joseph H. Vilas said...

Your daughter's blog is soooooo cuuuuuute....

The chateau is very pretty, but if you wind up not going there, I have this little country place you mike like to use.

And the dress -- do you think the woman wearing it would go out with me? ;)

7:49 PM  
Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

That settles it, Alex. I am NOT going to attend your wedding!!!

Kira...French weddings last forever. Did Alex warn you? I'm talking 4-5 in the morning forever. FO-EV-AH!!!

The chateau is beautiful. I read the description. Sounds like you can't really go wrong.

Budget for extra champagne.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

I didn't comment on Ariana's site since most adults find my presence disturbing (fecking uptight American women).

If you're willing to dye your hair black again, get jaundiced and squint a lot, your money problems will be over.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dress is awesome, but I love the chateau even more. Lottery, huh? Well, if I happen to win before then, I'll pay for the chateau. (Of course, I've never actually bought a lottery ticket. Maybe I'll start.)

11:20 AM  
Blogger Kira said...

Alex--well, we can start with inviting your father and selling all his organs. Let's let the other guests keep theirs :)

Amanda--yeah, he's smart like that! He figured everybody would be broke just getting their ass over to our wedding, so this would be the only alternative.

Joe--I have no idea if that chick is single ;) And the Biltmore Estate? Well, unfortunately it's in America, and we need a place in France...but thanks for the suggestion.

Laura--Alex told me the last wedding he went to started early on one day and lasted until near sunrise the next, so yeah. I have no idea what else happens though. Neither does he, actually, since he only has gone to ONE French wedding so far. I guess we have a lot of reading ahead of us.

Grant--I still think my boobs are too big for an Asian woman, though. Do I need to wear the Catholic schoolgirl outfit?

Angie--yeah, that's my problem too...I joke about winning the lotto, but I probably blow like $4 a year on tickets. Yes, that's two tickets for the powerball on two different occasions. I figure if I'm meant to win, that's enough to let myself win!

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home