My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Snakes on a Plane

So, a couple of drunk guys sat around an office, staring at a script in their hands. I can imagine them, words slurring, coming up with incredibly erudite and thought-provoking titles for a movie that involved a witness protection program and snakes and a plane flight. Finally one of them yawns and says, "Aw fuck it. Let's just call it Snakes on a Plane!" They all laugh their asses off, scribble the name down, and call it a night.

That's the title of the movie, and I know when *I* heard it, my first thoughts were, "Samuel L. Jackson in a movie entitled Snakes on the Plane? OH yeah! That should be tremendous! I should go see it!"

Snakes on a Plane listens to its audience. Apparently, after the title was let into public eye, people were immediately entranced with the beauty of the movie. Fan sites popped up. People made suggestions or movie parodies/clips that have been added into the movie, too! My favorite line added in is a line wherein Jackson gets to scream, "I want these mutherfucking snakes off the mutherfucking plane!" I admit: I will see the movie for that moment alone. In fact, I now periodically turn to Alex and scream out just that line. Fortunately, he gets my sense of humor and is entertained.

Snakes on a Plane. It's not a movie. It's an adventure!

9 Comments:

Blogger NWJR said...

I've been follwing the SOAP opera for some time now. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

You should see Tai's most recent posts. She actually encountered some of the cast and crew last year when they were filming, and she made a great movie poster as well.

6:30 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

Oh, and since I saw her movie poster, I've been running around shouting "We got mutha-fuckin' snakes!" whenever things get bad (usually in traffic).

6:34 AM  
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Should I put it on my Netflix queue?

VEGAS, IT'S NEARLY HERE!

6:45 AM  
Blogger X. Dell said...

Samuel L. Jackson made a guest appearance on the "Charlie Rose Show," a few weeks back, and he said that he immediately wanted to do the movie based on the title alone.

7:50 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Never heard of it. Big snakes? Little snakes? Imaginary snakes? Poisonous? Non-poisonous?

Rattlesnakes? Coral snakes? Garter snakes? Cobras? Kraits? Anacondas? Bull snakes?

(Gee, I didn't know I knew so many snakes. Let me into the movie.)

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had heard about it awhile back and forgotton... Can't wait to actually see it!

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"forgottEn"... Fighting the evils of plagiarism destroys my spelling ability (not that there was originally that much there to destroy).

3:48 PM  
Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

I'm thinking we should start up the Snakes on A Plane drinking game where you take a shot every time SJ drops an F-bomb.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home