My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Monday, April 24, 2006

Slack Ass

Yeah, I haven't had enough time to blog lately. So sue me. I'll have more time after VEGAS, BABY!!!

This is exam week. I already gave two exams today; the last two exams are to be given on Thursday. After that point, I must get all the grades in the computer by Thursday night. Why, you ask? Well, then I have to drive down to Alex's house to leave together for a long weekend in Vegas. I'm going to get to meet bloggers I've never met before...and I can't wait! I've never been to Vegas. Obviously, my French fiance has not either. I've dragged him to the DC area, to NC, to Florida, and of course across SC, but that's about it so far. Woohoo!

In other news, my ex is actually taking my children to his father's place in rural nowhere the weekend I'm gone. I am so stressed about this one that I can't stand it. I feel that he will make sure that the kids are ok, but...well...uhhh....his dad is the REASON WHY MY EX IS A MESS. I realize that age has mellowed the ex's dad, but he's still a random dice generator. I told Ariana--nay, pled with her--to just be polite to the man and not tease him in any way. They've never been around their grandfather for a reason. He's never really tried to enter into their lives, either. I've been happy about that. I guess it has to happen sooner or later.

Oh, before I forget: go congratulate April for finally getting out of a bad situation. It's always a hard choice to make, even when the man is so patently awful.

I will post more as I become more clever. Right now, my brain is a dried out fired upon husk that has died from overgrading syndrome. I can't think. I'm certainly not witty. I'm just mentally dead. I hope the mini vacation will jump start the brain again, too!

7 Comments:

Blogger Grant said...

Have fun in Vegas. Maybe you can pick up some extra cash singing as Elvis.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

People have been warning me about what happens to couples who get drunk in Vegas...Something concerning a church of Elvis...

Hopefully, we will evade that dreaded peril ;)

5:02 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Give everybody an A and say f--kit, I'm outta here.

In other words: Be happy, keep smiling.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Oh, I dunno...that email was certainly witty *ohgodohgod* LMAO

7:07 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

Grant--I could never sing like Elvis. Unfortunately, my voice range is precisely Ariel from The Little Mermaid. I don't think Ariel can pass for Elvis. I'd have better chance of picking up extra money at the bunny ranch, but I doubt Alex'll let me do that :)

Alex--don't worry! With you as a foreignly born person, we have extra paperwork before a marriage can be legal. I don't think we can do that. However, Hoss is a crafty ol' man, and he is wanting us to tie the knot there, so beware what he puts in your drink!

Hoss--I can't give some of them an A when damn, they don't deserve it. I guess I'll keep grading. However, maybe I'll grade with wine to prepare myself for LV.

Amanda--LOL! Ok, good point, that subliminal message was actually witty *eatmeatmeeatme*. Did you ever use my sample email? Haha!

4:35 AM  
Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

Congratulations to April and Good luck to you, Kira...the kids will survive.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

For fear of two people dropping dead after reading that email, I didn't send it. However, I did save it for future reference.

(I'm having flashbacks to the Tyler email)

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home