My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

A Miracle Is About to Happen

...and by that, I mean, I am about to update my blogroll! I plan on doing it by the end of today. I think I make it a semi-annual occasion ;) I decided to go ahead and add on Terry's blog (High Druid) even though he posts very rarely. When he DOES post, the content is well-written (he's a published author and has done a fair bit of professional writing) and thoughtful, so I might as well put it up. However, please be warned: a) he doesn't post often at all and b) he's very happily pagan. If you go to his site to tell him he's going to hell because he's not Christian, I'd love to go and watch, so please let me know before you embark upon this laughable venture. We might even sell seats! There's nothing like Terry's ability to use logic and his verbal weaponry to dismember somebody who disagrees with his opinions.

My evil headache is now a regular headache and is responding to excedrin. You have no idea how happy that makes me. I am now contemplating that I should switch my birth control pills again. Eventually, they all give me headaches. I am limited in my birth control options because Alex and I will likely try and have a third and final baby for the brood. After we accomplish that task (and because of my age, we have a limited window there!), THEN we can talk about other options.

I think the whole reproductive thing is totally messed up. How is it possibly good for humanity to have ten, eleven, twelve year old girls having periods and able to get pregnant? It makes no sense to be ABLE to have children that young. And even though I know Angie is thrilled with her wonderful daughter, I'm sure she can back me up that being a young mom is much, much harder than being an older mom with a degree and financial resources. This is what I vote for: we don't get periods until we're 20 yrs old. At that point, we have an on/off switch. We can keep it on "off" as long as we don't want babies. We flip it to "on" when we are ready. That way, no guy can wonder if a girl is trying to trap her into marriage by saying, "oh dear, I WAS on the pill...I have no idea how that happened!" No pregnancy could be unplanned. There'd be no wondering about it. Please vote me to be divine ruler of planet Earth. I have so many suggestions, and this is just one of them! (aren't you scared now?)

9 Comments:

Blogger A* said...

You and I have had the "birth control is totally awful" conversation more than once. Honestly, I am thisclose to either getting a diaphragm/IUD or just telling Hof to wrap it up!!

I am so over my hormones, my crazy, my period and the abnormal hot flashes.

AW a mini Kirex! You will have to let us know when that momentous occasion occurs. :)

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pills were HORRIBLE for me. Mainly because they made me feel so bad - headaches as one of the symptoms. But also because I was one of the 99 out of 100 for whom they weren't effective. Hence, Matthew. =o) Since I overmedicated back before I went to the doctor in January and got my nice new prescription that works, I have tried lots of alternative things for headaches. I totally recommend peppermint oil - not orally. You put a drop on each temple. And then, you need to really zone out - lots of peace and quiet. I also recommend one of the gel eye masks from Bath & Body Works that you can put in the fridge or the microwave. That can make a girl feel soooooooooooo much better.

If you do become supreme ruler of the universe and change the age for reproductivity, add in additional energy stores for parents. You need all the energy you can get when they become teenagers. Actually, while you're at it, make it so we don't age at all - wrinkles have got to go. Oooo - how about no cellulite? Let's see, I'm sure I can think of more stuff... I'll send you a nice list.

8:08 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Sounds good to me. Kira 1, World 0

12:39 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

SC--you show me a way wherein I don't have to allow anonymous comments nor moderate my blog comments, and I'm there! Can't you just keep your blogger name? *whines* ;)

A*--the only thing that makes me nervous about wrapping it up is that it's far less reliable than the pill. I really, really can't afford to get knocked up without health insurance, you know? Otherwise, I'd risk it! And the momentous occasion will probably occur when he gets a job with health insurance sometime next year...haha!

Amanda--woohoo! one vote down, only like 3 billion to go...or maybe 4 billion...I need a majority, I think! And good point. The marriage is a trap for the gal.... Hmmm.

Angie--I knew peppermint was good in tea form for an upset stomach, but I didn't know it helped with headaches! And if I throw in no stretch marks along with the rest of your items on the list (plus the sterilization gun for stupid people I've always advocated), would I be able to count on your vote too? ;)

Hoss--all right! I racked up another vote :)

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have my vote! I bring with me a significant influence in the doctoral student population too... I'll start campaigning for you there.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

There's a birth control pill that will be available soon that keeps women from menstruating--which I'm all for. I'm ready to turn off both my period and my fertility, but not quite ready for menopause. Woohoo!

Although medication is involved, I think it will be possible to do as you've asked soon. Not the ideal solution though, because there is responsible forethought involved.

8:40 AM  
Blogger X. Dell said...

(1) Interesting to find out what the downsides of the pill are. It's not like we guys think about it all that much, but we should.

(2) Up until the 20th Century, the average life expectancy was about thirty years. In that context, having a child at the age of thirteen or fourteen kinda seems reasonable.

(3) I'm having problems leaving comments on your blog (and it's only your blog). I'm writing this from a computer at the library, and I'll try again when I get home.

Wyrd.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So the plan is, we have a baby and then I get CUT right?
It freaks me out, but as long as you promise to stay with me even if they make me into Alexandra by mistake, I am happy :D


Oh and A*, that Kirex names is SOOO cuute :D
I love it.
Of course, I have this image of Kira giving birth to a T-rex now also on my mind...Kinda less cute...

*goes back to drinking gin*

7:31 PM  
Blogger Terry Mancour said...

Kira, I only tear apart those who have the temerity to insist that I am wrong, and then offer a lame-ass reason to compel me to seek the error of my ways. Those people I verbally rip their hearts out and feast. A simple "You're going to hell" won't do it. Give me a reason, people, and I'll hand you your metaphorical head on a platter. I'm a pagan theologian who grew up eating pit-preachers at UNC for breakfast.

And there is a fool-proof birth control. Swallow.

High Druid

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home