My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Friday, March 25, 2005

Piss Off You Wanker

You gotta love that English term: piss off you wanker. It's horridly descriptive and gets the point across immediately! Right now I'm directing those thoughts to two different people.

I run an online roleplaying game forum for geeks. Why? Well, glad you asked! Because I AM a geek, I reply! They all know I'm an English teacher. This one jackass on the forum has continually analyzed my posts for spelling errors for the several YEARS I've run the forum. She is the type of person who only feels better about herself if she can put other people down. That way, she feels superior. I am sick of it. I don't want to spellcheck every post before I slap it up just to have her not be able to point out that I have issues spelling daggar (I have always liked to spell it dagger for some unknowable reason). It's my place to relax and have fun, and I don't like how she announces to everybody OOHHH THE ENGLISH TEACHER MISPELLED ANOTHER WORD! If I thought my forum would be published, I'd correct my damn posts. But just like on this blog: if it's not turned in for a grade, I don't check because then the idea of writing is a release. I would like to stab her with several pointy objects right now. I really think that would make me feel MUCH better.

The other person who is pissing me off is my ex. Surprise! I found out that he basically feels that I pressured him into the marriage to begin with. WTF? Anybody who knows me knows I don't pressure men into jack all as related to me. Either they want me, or they don't want me. Pressuring a man into committment means he does it just to not lose you, and then he acts like jerk or in ways you don't want because he's not the one who decided to have the relationship go that way. I guess it just makes him feel better to say something like that, but it makes me angry because it's so different from my personality. Basically, all I DID say was, "Honey, you're a part time pizza deliverer who smokes pot and gets drunk more than half of all nights. I don't think we have compatable life goals. I'm moving home to Tampa with my parents so I can pursue further schooling for the goals I want out of life." That is not a threat of marriage or I walk, eh? But somehow I suppose it makes him feel better if he states that it WAS. His dad is now on wife number FIVE now. My god. FIVE. I can't blame him for being a little wonky about marriage, but I still would have never pressured him into the act. He also stated that marriage was supposed to be for better or for worse, and he was willing to stick it through so he's morally superior, I guess.

Guys, for better or for worse doesn't mean HE gets the better and I get the worse. *snorts*

So, a royal salute! Piss off you wankers! haha!

Ok, so on to other things.

Alex is here for the weekend. I spent the earlier part of my break in Columbia with him, and now I have dragged him back to the Upstate for the weekend. I hate that he has to leave early on Easter, but that's the only time the bus can cart him back. I found out when we were in Target that the Easter bunny never went all out for Alex when he lived in France or England. Sure, the Easter bunny occasionally got him eggs, but nothing like he should have gotten. The Easter bunny and I had a chat, and I believe there will be a basket now left for Alex on Sunday morning. You gotta love how accomodating that Easter bunny is!

Yes, Chuck, I still have a lot to grade. But I don't wanna *whines*.

I made a nice tomato, mozzarrella, and basil salad for later on. It's marinating. Smells good! God I love food. I am thinking of slow cooking some ribs later on today too. Why is it when I have free time, I cook and bake like crazy.

We're having a "that's my son" moment here. Jared is telling me his penis is gone, and then when I gasp and say oh no, he lifts up his nightshirt and says, "THERE IT IS!" hahahaha! Alex and I are laughing over it. Now to teach him not to do that in public...hmm....

2 Comments:

Blogger Jezzy said...

So I'm reading through this thinking "Yeah - agreed - hate the spelling nazis!" etc etc and then I came across the words "slow cooking some ribs".

You have left me throughly distracted for the rest of the day.

*droolz*

7:35 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

Hmmm who emailed you? Searched your blog for an answer, and I never got it!

Jezzy, should I make it worse by telling you I make from scratch my own BBQ sauce to go with the slow cooking of said ribs? :D

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home