My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Friday, July 29, 2005

Today's Harry Potter Analogy

I have no problem using "the F word" at all. I don't think it's any worse than any other curse word, despite what others may feel. As I read other blogs, I come across many who use substitutes but are essentially trying to give you the same FEELING as saying "fuck," like...f'ing...or effing...or F you...or whatnot.

So, here is your Harry Potter Analogy for the day:

Saying substitute words like effing or f'ing for fuck is like saying He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named or You-Know-Who rather than Lord Voldemort.

Thank you for your time.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love your insults dearest :D
"Fuck you you fucking fuck..." I can't remember the rest but it was great :D

Hmmm good sketch by the Monthy Pithons too (The Meaning Of The Word Fuck): "Why don't you go outside and play hide-and-go-fuck-yourself?" Monty Python

10:39 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Lord Voldemort? No, sweetie, that's not He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named's real name...it's PB. He's a fucking stupid fucking fucker! I like saying fuck. It's one of my favorite words.

10:44 AM  
Blogger WordWhiz said...

GUILTY!! I use the substitutes. I know...it's just a combination of four "effing" letters. How can it be any worse than any other "f'ing" curse word?? WTF is wrong with me??

TGIF. (And that "F" stands for FRIDAY!!)

10:49 AM  
Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

I say "fuck" all the fucking time!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Kira said...

Alex--yes, I remember that one well! I think I had a total of about 30 fucks when I was cursing at Marie for being her usual pain in the ass self, yes? It's so funny that people think I'm this totally sweet, nice girl, but then piss me off and it's all over...

Amanda--PB is less grounded in reality than a fictional bad guy like Lord Voldemort. After all, LV doesn't fantasize about alien probbing!

Mandy--yes, you are one of the people I was thinking of, but the original people who got me thinking about it were Hof and A*. I noticed that they always say "effing" for fucking, and so I started to pay attention to the times other people did the same thing. Don't worry though...it's an observation...I'm not making fun of anybody! haha! Just pointing out the "power" that word has on some people is similar to the power of the name Lord V. (which won't make sense to you because you so badly don't care about Harry Potter...haha!).

Laura--yes, yes you do, and I'm happy about it. When I first started reading your blog, I noticed some of the titles of the entries had curse words in it, and all I could think was: we're going to get along GREAT!

April--yeah, isn't it hilarious when you can also clearly see the actor's lips move to the correct curse word, so the voiceover does NO good? haha!

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home