My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Computer is Fixed!

Yay! I can't believe how reliant I am on this damned machine for entertainment. It's been awful. *sniff*

Ok, so, since I was indeed bored (except when on the phone with Alex), I then thought about the 10 most significant signs you are bored:

1) You decided to clean off the paneling and tops of your washer and dryer.

2) The batteries in your rabbit died.

3) You decide to randomly mix alcohol and products around your home, resulting in the now famous "Popsicle dacquri"

4) You examine your pet's teeth for plaque. Repeatedly.

5) So, if I crawled around the floor like a baby, what things would I find my children had tucked under the furniture?

6) See how much more organized these coupons are now that they are filed by expiration date?

7) You go through all the links on your blogroll three times in a row when nobody's posting.

8) How many candles lit in the living room casts as much light as the overhead bulb?

9) Wow! If I really try my best, I CAN eat an entire Publix Key Lime Pie by myself in 24 hours!

10) You spend so much time in your bed that you start contemplating moving the refrigerator next to it.

*****

Jared's thought for the day:

I saw six police cars in the short distance from Jared and Ariana's school and our apartment. I remarked upon this to the kids, and Ari asked me why so many police were out and about. I replied, "I don't know!"

Jared then responded solemnly as he stared at a driver cutting somebody off, "I think it's because people around here just don't know how to drive."

HAHA!

9 Comments:

Blogger cookie monster said...

errrmm, why would you have batteries in a rabbit? is that not cruel?

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not when she's talking about the kind of rabbit she's talking about, Cookie Monster... Believe it, it's one of the least cruel things on the face of the earth.

Jared is HILARIOUS! I can't wait to meet this kid in person!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Jezzy said...

LOL at the rabbit batteries - it's funny when it starts to run low and it sloooooows dooooown.

Great news that the puter is fixed. x

6:39 PM  
Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

I gotta git me a bunny rabbit.

Welcome back!

7:34 PM  
Blogger cookie monster said...

why? is it a big rabbit? i still dont get why you would shove them up poor old bugs bunny!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Buff Huntley said...

Poor Cookie -- the curse of not watching American television.
Energizer batteries has a commercial where a little battery-run bunny beating a drum rolls by, and rolls and rolls and rolls....the batteries just keep on going.

Obviously Bored Kira was watching for a very very longtime.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Kira, what's the first rule of the club? ALWAYS KEEP A STASH OF EXTRA BATTERIES!!

How much longer before I can legally marry Jared?

6:31 AM  
Blogger Kira said...

Cookie--look to the email I sent ya to get the explanation ;)

Angie--Jared is just a hoot. If he does nothing funny, it's because he is busy being cute. Either is great!

Jezzy--yes! LOL You turn it all the way up and it just sorta pathetically shudders a cough and wheeze, getting nowhere near to the speed it should be :)

Laura--a rabbit is great. If you have one, plus a stepstool and a jar opener, remember: you have a man replacement! Oh, and if you didn't notice, April recommends the butterfly as an alternative! haha!

SC--You got it! LOL Pat yourself on the back ;)

Innana--and now I have a G-rated answer should I want it! haha! Thanks! :)

April--that's a scream! I scared him with my middle finger! You know, I made the mistake of calling that gesture the international gesture of love because my (Brit) friend Siobhan loves to make it a fair bit. I had to then go back and explain to Ariana that it was just sarcasm on mom's part *coughs*

Amanda--you are correct *hangs head in shame*

Jared can probably be legally married NOW. Remember, we live in South Carolina! haha!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Jezzy said...

Ooooh! I have a butterfly too! Those are also great.

Anyway, TMI. *runs away*

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home