My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Friday, August 12, 2005

Can You Imagine?

Ok, picture this: you are having a dinner party. You are in the kitchen getting prepared, and you are chatting with a few guests as you dice and chop. Cleaning your knife (since you know good knives always have to be washed by hand and NEVER put in the dishwasher), you then put it back into your knife block, which looks like this:

Knife

How many people do you think would then stay for supper?

I stared at this picture long and hard when I was sent it a while back via email. I kept wondering, well hell, if the message really IS what it seems...why isn't there a knife slot where the crotch goes? Is that because only women have slots there?

*ponders*

Ok, maybe I need more sleep. My mind has gone off the deep end again.


*****

Added note:

Alex finally has his document so he can get his visa! WOOHOO! Now he just has to get his appointment at the American Embassy (they are slow) and he'll have his visa. Oh, Alex, I can't wait!!! Sans toi je suis rien qu'une coquille vide...

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Only a few more days my dearest one. I should be there before the end of the month *kiss*

8:00 AM  
Blogger cookie monster said...

is that not a tad sexist?

11:13 AM  
Blogger Kira said...

Alex! I can't wait :)

SC--glad you enjoyed it!

Cookie--of course it is! More than a tad! The girl who sent it to me via email has had a LOT of bad times with men, so she just sent this picture out to every single female on her email list. I just figure if I actually HAD one of these, no man would eat at my house. Which would make me sad, 'cause it's fun to feed people, especially males! haha!

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooohooo! Glad Alex can return soon! The knife holder is HILARIOUS! (And sexist... yes...)

4:38 PM  
Blogger Jezzy said...

Great news about Alex. That stuff is so frustrating! I hated having some government worker able to control my life.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Joseph H. Vilas said...

Yeah, um, that's great. So funny. I laughed my spleen out. I guess I *can* think of it as funny as an expression of a particular person's current mindset. But the first thing I think of when I see something like that is "What would someone say if I had a knife holder like that, but female?" I'd be widely derided as sick. I am sick, but not like that. And yes, I should lighten up.

Actually, I have enough kitchen knives to scare folks without needing a voodoo-doll-like holder. I had them out on a the living room table once; the place looked like an abattoir or S&M dungeon or something.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Kira said...

Angie--he should be here by Labor Day weekend! Oh yeah! Lots O' Labor going on here that weekend! haha!

Jezzy--yeah, it's been a pisser because he was SUPPOSED to be able to get over here by the 1st to 15th of July!!! But yes, the end is in sight. And maybe I should just marry him so this isn't an issue again...

Joe--Yes. Lighten up. J-O-K-E. You're wrong. Lots of men I know all the time make dumb blonde WOMEN jokes of all sorts, and nobody says a damn thing about being sexist or being sick.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Joseph H. Vilas said...

Uh, depending on the person and what they said, I might well speak up and complain; I'd more likely absent myself if the behavior continued.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home