My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Monday, September 05, 2005

Checking In!

Hey guys! Alex is sleeping now and the kids are with the ex, so I thought I'd hop on and say hi. Everything is bliss (surprise, surprise!). I just feel so much more settled and content now. It hardly matters what is happening during the course of the day...I just feel happy.

Alex didn't get in until 11p Saturday night. I had to take the kids to the airport late, and they both fell asleep on the way there. Ariana, at 7, woke up when we got there and managed to stay awake and greet Alex. Jared, however, slept through the whole thing...haha! It cracked me up, actually. I carried him to the airport asleep and placed him on a chair, where he continued to sleep. He barely cracked an eye when Alex arrived. On the way back to the car, I had to make him walk a short distance so that I could help Alex carry a bag (Alex already had two suitcases and his laptop to contend with), and he did so in his sleep. Then he went firmly back into dreamland when we hit the car. Back at the apartment, he curled up at the toilet and snored away when I asked him to go potty before I tucked him in. The three of the rest of us were laughing at the poor boy! He woke up at the usual time.

Of course Alex found time in the DC airport to fetch a bouquet of flowers for me. He never fails unless they are just out of flowers or don't sell them at his connecting flight. And yes, I have a lovely box of Jeff De Bruges chocolates, two bottles of hermitage wine, some lemon tartlettes, and some other French candies I asked him to bring. He sure knows how to spoil me!

When Alex first came to America, I fed him Mexican food. He had never had it before me. Why? Well, Mexican food just isn't popular in France. You CAN get a few minor Old El Paso items in their grocery stores now, but you can't get sour cream (creme fraiche is close if it's thickened) and you can't get cheddar (cantal is close enough I suppose). Anyway, he tried it over here and was not impressed the first time. It was a whole new range of spices and flavors to taste, and I think it overwhelmed him at first. Now, however, he LOVES the stuff! He even makes Mexican food for his family back over in France, and they enjoy it as well. Since he can't really get Mexican food over in France, he decided at midnight that what he really wanted was Taco Bell. Hey, no problem as they are open late, right?

We got the kids in bed as soon as possible so we could properly greet each other *cough*, but then we both went to sleep for the evening. Since the kids were still here, Alex slept on the sofa and I slept on my bed. It's not that I plan on teaching my children that pre-marital sex is wrong; I just have already been teaching them that sex is a sacred act that creates life, and therefore should be treated with respect and done only with the person you love. When you are older. MUCH OLDER!!! I can't very well reinforce that idea if I'm having them climb into my bedroom in the morning when they wake up only to see Alex and I in there together. If we ever get engaged, that's the point when I'd allow Alex in my bed when the kids are around. Needless to say, last night I was relieved to be able to sleep with Alex in the bed. Yay!

Sunday was pleasant for the first half. Alex spent some special time with the kids (throwing paper airplanes and rolling down hills here at the apartment complex) before they had to leave with my ex. The ex likes Alex, but dislikes the part wherein Alex "won" me. He is always great around Alex when the kids are there, and for that I give him a nice gold star for being mature about the issue. However, the second Alex was in the bathroom he was trying to grab at me in a very territorial fashion. He was reaching for my tits...telling me I looked hot...and mentioning that our sex life used to be terrific. Therefore, I don't think I was imagining that he was hitting on me. Oh well. At least he waited until Alex AND the kids weren't in the immediate room to see it.

After Rob left, Alex and I found a way to entertain ourselves. Imagine that! A few hours later, I made dinner for us. Alex is a HUGE fan of candles, so all the candles around the house were lit, and we had a lovely dinner. Then we enjoyed ourselves more and I received a full body massage. I fell asleep after he had been going at it for an hour and a half. Yes, folks, that is *THE* way to fall asleep: being massaged into blissful dreamland!

I shall have to make him something special for breakfast. I make these hungarian crepes with a cheese filling that resemble in some ways cheese blintzes...perhaps I'll shoot for those since he adores them. Mutual spoiling is terrific. I'm sooooooo happy right now! I can't believe how much happier I am now than I've been all summer long.

Hey! And tonight! The Melting Pot! God I love fondue!

Take care, blogworld!

9 Comments:

Blogger cookie monster said...

maybe im showing myself up here but what the hell is fondue?

8:44 AM  
Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

I'm glad you're back to normal with Alex finally home.

That snippet about your ex made my skin crawl. Ew.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Kira said...

Alex says:
Having a wonderful time here and enjoying being spoiled so much. Kira is wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

Can't wait for the melting pot !! Wohoo!
Here is a pic of a fondue:
http://www.hep.physics.neu.edu/reu_at_cern/pics2/Fondu_anyone.jpg

I never heard of it in England but it's a popular dish in any mountain area like the Alpes.
There is also Chocolate fondue :D

OOC: can't remember my user details right now :P

10:36 AM  
Blogger GM said...

Hey, glad to hear things are going so well! :D Don't do anything too rash, now! :P

12:44 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

If you keep this up, we're going to kidnap Alex. Chocolate, fondue, and sex...geez, you're just asking for trouble, Kira! And you know how stealth we are ;)

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm - I seem to recall sleeping beside a toilet recently myself. Thank God no one decided to film that...

Chocolate fondue... O!M!G!

We seriously have to get our plans together for Dante's now, guys.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Joseph H. Vilas said...

So I don't need to send chocolate? BTW, why don't you break out the fondue pot yourself? ;)

6:05 PM  
Blogger WordWhiz said...

I applaud your committment to your desire to set a good example for your kids. Gosh, how difficult was that given the circumstances?? Bravo, Girl!!

It's late and I'm tired,but I had to check in on the Alex story! I'm SO, SO, SO happy for you guys!!!

8:20 PM  
Blogger SS said...

i'm so behind in all my blog reading. i am so happy for you! damn, that must be nice getting a full body massage and then being able to fall asleep from it. every time i get a massage from someone other than a professional at a spa, it turns into sex (but i'm not totally complaining).

yay for alex!!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home