My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Sunday, November 13, 2005

For Amanda and Angie





I thought this would bring back pleasant memories, guys!

**********************************************************************

Ok, so Alex decided to try and kill himself this weekend. It wasn't intentional, but still! He woke up at 4a feeling like complete crap and decided to take Nyquil. Being unfamiliar still with American meds, he then also took some tylenol cold medicine immediately afterwards. In France, he'd typically have to take a couple meds to get the same type of effect in one dose of Nyquil, so this was a new one for him. I've given him Nyquil before, but somewhere at 4a he decided it was ONLY for sleeping well.

Yeah, he slept well. He slept all the way through several conversations, too. He was groggy as shit. Sigh. Wouldn't that have been JUST my luck? "Yeah, I met the most perfect man in the universe and we were madly in love...and then he OD'd on cold meds and died." Damn. Oh well, he doesn't drink enough to do anything to his liver, so he finally gave his liver a chance to weep copiously from overwork. He seems to be ok now.

***********************************************************************

Ariana and Jared requested the "hup two three four" single file marching all about town again, so Alex and I complied. Yes, I have two children who follow the chiquita banana sticker code of, "Do what you like and screw the world." I'm rather proud of that, actually. We went out and saw Chicken Little (it was cute), and Alex took the kids to a playground near his apartment for a couple of hours so I could nap and grade. Again, the little family unit moves and flows so nicely when togther. I love the part wherein both Alex and the kids think of each other as parent and children. Ariana wrote a card out for Alex that said "Alexander" on the cover, but inside it said "I love you dad!" Awwwww...

You know what I just realized? I'm sick. Alex is sick. Amanda, Angie? Sick. We must have picked up some shit at the Clemson/Duke game. I sure as hell hope I don't pass this sucker onto the kids...

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Let's blame it on Keri! She's not sick.

Love the sign. Ironically, since I refused to participate in cult activities, I haven't heard from my so-called friend.

Introduce Alex to Claritin and Triaminic. The Claritin cured my cold, and the Triaminic always knocks me out. Good stuff!

3:35 AM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

Tell me you didn't get through high school without drinking a bottle of Robitussin? Do kids still do that? It always made me vomit.

Glad Alex survived--and didn't vomit!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home