My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Thursday, November 10, 2005

It's Official...

...I'm a wine snob. I drank one glass of a $9 bottle of wine and decided I didn't like it. After contemplating using it for cooking, I remembered the firm rule of don't cook with what you wouldn't drink, so I dumped it down the sink. It wasn't "awful." It just was not what I want out of a wine.

Hmmm and that's all I had to say, and I already made a post a few minutes ago...I think I just did what shall herewith be known as "S.C. posting style." S.C. posting style means several short posts made throughout the day. Does this mean I'm an S.C. groupie? ;)

7 Comments:

Blogger NWJR said...

Life's too short to drink bad wine. Just dumped a half-bottle down the sink myself for the very same reason.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

Two comments in one.

I'm a wine snob, too. I hardly get the chance to drink it anymore, but I just won't be bothered with the bad stuff. And expensive doesn't equal good. There are some nice reasonably priced wines out there.

Did I ever tell you about when I came home from my year in Bordeaux? After a year of discussing a wine's bouquet, year, chateau, region, "marriage" with food, I had begun to take my relationship with wine fairly seriously. During my first week home in the States, I went to a wedding. While ordering drinks, a friend asked her husband to get her a glass of "the pink shit".

I almost died.

Second comment (on previous post)...

Alex's philosophy should run on the CNN news ticker constantly. Help with housework and get more sex. It's revolutionary and SIMPLE. Why is that so hard to understand???? WHY????

:)

6:18 AM  
Blogger Chief Slacker said...

yay gor groupies! :O)

10:29 AM  
Blogger April said...

If you're a groupie then S.C. needs to start putting out for you. No need in being a groupie if you're not getting any!!

(if it's good let me know so I can become an S.C. groupie too) =)

10:46 AM  
Blogger Joseph H. Vilas said...

Wine snob, eh? Egg-cellent.

2:56 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Nah, all it means is you're willing to abuse our good nature more than usual. That's all. No biggie.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

Try "Toad Hollow"

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home