My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Monday, December 26, 2005

My Apologies

I usually like to answer back to comments, visit blogs and comment, answer emails, etc. better than I've been doing. I thought I'd be able to get it all straight when the grading was handed in, but then I lost my electricity...then came the holidays...and now, well, my daughter has pneumonia.

My daughter just does NOT complain about being sick. She's got a high pain tolerance, and she's not a whiner. She whimpered all last night while sleeping and woke up with a fever. We decided to take her to the local urgent care place right away. It took long enough to get seen. They seemed iffy about if it was something beyond a bad cold and cough. I stressed to the medical professionals that my daughter...does...not...complain.... Mothers always know best. So, the nurse practitioner suggested some blood tests and chest xrays if it would make me feel better.

Hah! Make me feel better! My daughter has fooking pneumonia...I hope it makes YOU feel better that you took me seriously when I said, keep hunting 'cause something's wrong here!

It's bacterial, not viral, so she's been given two shots (in addition to the blood being drawn, and she didn't moan, cry, or even blink when they did it...told ya that she has great pain tolerance). She is on antibiotics and has to have her inhaler every four hours, plus nebulizer treatments too because my daughter has asthma. It's a bit more awful for a child with asthma to have pneumonia than a child who does not have asthma.

My poor baby :( Anyway, I'll be back when I can, guys! Take care Blogworld!

10 Comments:

Blogger cookie monster said...

shit, thats awful. :(

give ari a hug from her uncle tony!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Poor Ari!! Hope she feels better soon.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Foilwoman said...

You poor thing. And you good Mom, you. My Foilkid is the same (doesn't fuss when sick, I normally know she's sick once she throws up on me or something like that). A kid like Ariana needs a Mom who will harangue a medical professional (or non-professional go-between) until something gets done. Not everyone says "I feel like I'm dying" when they're sick. Go you, Kira. I hope Ari is better soon.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ugh. I hope she feels better soon!

2:49 PM  
Blogger WordWhiz said...

Oh honey! And sick at the holidays is even worse!! Sorry! Hope you're both better - and warmer - soon!

4:02 PM  
Blogger NWJR said...

Here's hoping that everyone is feeling back to normal soon!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

I'm glad you got Ariana taken care of! That's pretty pitiful! Here's hoping she feels better soon.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Ailyn said...

oh god, i'm so sorry! this whole post just fills me completely with dread. i so freak out anytime anything happens to my babies. i can only imaging what u r going thru.

12:10 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Maybe give medieval Barbie back to Ariana? You guys could trade that back and forth forever.

7:45 PM  
Blogger GM said...

Gah, durned infection! I hope Ari feels better soon... I'd say to give her a weasel to help, but might be hard to get one into the hospital. The hospital had better have her feeling better soon...

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home