My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, South Carolina, United States

I think that the Meredith Brooks' song, "Bitch," summarizes me rather nicely. Or, if you prefer, X. dell says I'm a life-smart literary scholar with a low BS tolerance...that also works!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Meme I Owe Foilwoman

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18 and find line 4.

There's quite a few options as my computer stand usually is loaded down with books too, believe it or not. I will refrain from snagging the roleplaying books and instead go for Robert Coover's The Universal Baseball Association, Inc., J. Henry Waugh, Prop. It's excellent, by the way.

[Henry reknotted] his tie, put on hat and raincoat, hooked his umbrella over one [arm, and went out to get a drink.]

2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, what do you find?

A television set. The TV and the computer are right next to each other thanks to the way the living room is set up. The computer MUST be in the living room so that if my kids use it, I can watch them like a hawk. I'm a protective mom.

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?

Ironically, I just got cable yesterday (haven't had it in three years due to expense). Before that, I hadn't watched TV since December when I was at my brother's house. So, I am not sure what the show is called, but it's about people who have no fashion sense. A guy and a girl then rip the person to shreds and humiliate her while they help her actually build up a wardrobe that looks decent. I was facinated because....well, I have no fashion sense. Half the time I couldn't tell that what the chick did was so wrong, but everybody else seemed to be horrified. That's why I let others dress me.

4. Without looking, guess what time it is.

I'm going to guess around 8p because the last time I looked, it was 730p and I realized that I needed to get Jared's jammies on.

5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?

810p

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?

The kids watching Shrek 2.

7. When did you last step outside?

Hmmm well, when we got home around 4p.

8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?

Well, FW's blog, and I'm still looking at it so I can follow the right order of items!

9. What are you wearing?

This sounds like a cybersex proposition. Hum. Well, I'm wearing a longsleeved black, fitted shirt and a pair of tan sweatpants.

10. Did you dream last night?

Yes. I usually do, too. Sometimes they are regular dreams, and sometimes they are...well, message-filled. Either way, I usually wake up remembering at least a snippet or two.

11. When did you last laugh?

Well, I'm talking to Alex over msn, so periodically I laugh (he entertains me). I'd say no more than ten min ago.

12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?

a) a sword
b) a banner with a dragon on it
c) a linen hanging that has a celtic tree on it

(yes, I'm a geek...so sue me)

13. Seen anything weird lately?

I live in SC. Wierd is the daily fodder of life.

14. What do you think of this quiz?

It sucks. I'm always one for honesty.

15. What is the last film you saw?

hmmm...I know it's a kid's movie because it would have been with alex and the kids. Hoodwinked? No, we saw something else after that...Doogal.

16. If you turned into a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?

Alex a car and his student loans paid off. Student loans paid off of all my closest friends. Me a new car too. A house. Then I'd hire a maid for my ex's house and for Laurita's ex's house. We have this deal, you see.... And godiva chocolates for everybody who reads this blog!

17. Tell me something about you that I don't know.

That's hard to do since I pretty much share everything. Um. Let me think. Can't be something I mentioned on my 100 list long ago....um....ok, got it! I had an inverted left nipple. Basically, when it was cold, one pointed out and one crawled in. I have to admit it looked odd as shit. However, yay for breastfeeding, Ariana dragged it out for good! So, Alex has never seen my inverted nipple as it's been gone now for eight years.

18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt and politics, what would you do?

Just one? I would make everybody have the instant ability to empathize with anybody he or she talks to. That'd make compassion commonplace, and that'd make for a very happy day.

Now, if you are talking something that doesn't involve changing the physiology of humankind, I'd say that I want to change that anybody ever goes unwillingly to bed hungry. Food for everybody, always!

19. Do you like to Dance?

I do, but I only do it in front of others if I've had something to drink.

20. George Bush.

If I say what I really feel, do I get ten FBI agents coming at my door trying to arrest me for using my free speech rights? I am very dissatisfied with anything involving him, from his push polls against McCain in the SC primary elections...the decisions he's made regarding oil vs. the environment...and the Iraq war. I'm SO ready for 2008.

21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?

I always intended to call her Rhiannon, but that ended up her middle name, so it is Ariana Rhiannon.

22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what would you call him?

Following the tradition of a celtic middle name, he was called Jared Taliesin.

23. Would you ever consider living abroad?

If the ex would let us, I would gladly take the kids to France with Alex and live there a few years. However, that won't happen. Sigh.

24. What would you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?

"I know that you wanted to live your life as a good person, regardless of your fiesty temper and your often-injured sense of justice. Kira, you succeeded. I am pleased."

25. 4 people who must also do this theme in their journal.

BITE ME! Sigh. Ok, Alex, Laura, Juanita, and Angie.

15 Comments:

Blogger WordWhiz said...

I marvel at people who can make these memes interesting. And you do.

The name I originally wanted for my daughter's first name (which my ex didn't like) became her middle name. Isn't that interesting? Another thing we share. (Along with our perfect boyfriends and our love for Gene!)

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I shall use this as a diversion when the start to make me hallucinate tomorrow. =o) This locking myself up alone for a week business to study is WEIRD.

I was thinking more about the dream you had, which was very prophetic for me. Do you remember when it was? I know we discussed it either on a blog or in an email, but I haven't looked yet. (Stats... blah.) If I am not mistaken, that was almost exactly when what happened happened. It was like a warning that I should be paying attn; I just didn't realize what it was... So, Bloggers - Kira is right about the dreaming. If she ever has one about you, it's IMPORTANT so think about it very deeply.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That should have said, "when the stats start to make me hallucinate." All the hypotheses are getting to me.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Grant said...

For #24, are you sure you wouldn't rather he or she say "Yes, I do exist. Fortunately for you, we have a community service program."

6:20 AM  
Blogger Juanita said...

OMG! You hate me, you really hate me! (I'm Sally Field's evil twin.) Sigh...turnabout is fair play. Your answer to #14 made me laugh.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

Damn, my nipples inverted after nursing my second--he pulled so hard on them that they collasped!

11:14 AM  
Blogger NWJR said...

I've been meaning to ask for the longest time: Is your blog supposed to be pronounced "Wired" or "Weird"?

This is keeping me up nights...

:-)

12:28 PM  
Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

DONE! HA!

1:44 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

NWJR: I bet it's neither. Try "word."

Okay, Kira, which is it?

7:07 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

Hoss, NWJR:
As far as I was taught in my Old English class long ago in graduate school, it's prounounced "wierd." Now, you must understand that all modern attempts at pronunciation are guesses with Old English. We have reasons--logical and good ones--to believe certain sounds are prounounced a certain way, but there are no native speakers and haven't been for years.

Wyrd translates roughly as "fate." The idea of fate or destiny featured prominently in Nordic society. However, with the absorbtion of Christianity, fate became replaced with the concept of "the will of God."

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel! (Wyrd ever goes as it shall!)
---Beowulf, line 455.

Mandy--yes, you guessed it, Ari's middle name is Rhiannon because Rob didn't want it for a first name. Having it as the middle name was a compromise. And yes, Hoss rocks :)

Angie--I think it happened right before the incident. It's funny because I usually know the difference between my strange, story-like dreams that my mind ferments as a release for creativity and the kind that have a message. That one was definitely a message-filled dream. I've had one since then...and immediately emailed my friend Maria out of the blue after over a year of no contact. I asked her when the baby was due. She was totally freaked out because she was 9 weeks pregnant and they weren't planning on telling anybody for another three weeks. She asked me if I were psychic and I said no. I really don't think I am. I just think I have message-filled dreams from time to time :)

Doc--I don't think you get to know about the duck billed platypus even after death. Sorry.

Grant--what, the community service program is called "Purgatory?" haha!

Juanita--yes. Turnabout is fair play. So suck it up :)

EM--my second LOVED nursing, but he didn't pull hard. Boobies were sacred. It was my daughter who bit me twice after she got her teeth and treated my breasts as bouncy toys!

Laura--my you are FASTER THAN YOUR SISTER! Haha! I caught you at the right moment of boredom, didn't I?

1:35 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

NWJR: Oops! Sorry, you were right and I was wrong. Pish.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Whew! I wasn't tagged! My answers are always just too damn lame :)

I would kill to know more cool "geeks" like you! NE Minnesota is not conducive to people like us, quite depressing actually since we just bought Munchkin and there's no one to play it with (sigh)

12:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ack another one...And I only just finished the first meme you tagged me with...

We really must see more adult movies for when we are asked these kinds of questions; we seem to be always replying with kids movies lol.

I am going to have a hard time answering the arrival in heaven/god question. There just won't be any fun answers left for me to answer with :).

Oh and Mesabi Red: I have never played Munchkin but all the other guys from my gaming group have and they said it was great. I am certain you will have tons of fun with it.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Joseph H. Vilas said...

Geez, with memes like this, you folks should just do NaNoWriMo. I got tagged once about a year ago by someone who wanted to know how many books I have. She's still waiting. :) I got tagged by someone else who wanted to know how many music files I had, but my computer died between then and now, so now the answer is 0. ;)

WRT your title: I always thought it had a double meaning. Pronounced "word," it could be referring to your interests, or your profession. It could also be an exclamation, like "Word to your mother." But pronounced "weird," it could have meant, well, weird. Or that you're placing a weird on us, Kira. She's a witch -- burn her! ;)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Juanita said...

Ha! I deleted my blog! That gets me out of it, doesn't it?

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home