1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18 and find line 4.
There's quite a few options as my computer stand usually is loaded down with books too, believe it or not. I will refrain from snagging the roleplaying books and instead go for Robert Coover's The Universal Baseball Association, Inc., J. Henry Waugh, Prop.
It's excellent, by the way.
[Henry reknotted] his tie, put on hat and raincoat, hooked his umbrella over one [arm, and went out to get a drink.]
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, what do you find?
A television set. The TV and the computer are right next to each other thanks to the way the living room is set up. The computer MUST be in the living room so that if my kids use it, I can watch them like a hawk. I'm a protective mom.
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
Ironically, I just got cable yesterday (haven't had it in three years due to expense). Before that, I hadn't watched TV since December when I was at my brother's house. So, I am not sure what the show is called, but it's about people who have no fashion sense. A guy and a girl then rip the person to shreds and humiliate her while they help her actually build up a wardrobe that looks decent. I was facinated because....well, I have no fashion sense. Half the time I couldn't tell that what the chick did was so wrong, but everybody else seemed to be horrified. That's why I let others dress me.
4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
I'm going to guess around 8p because the last time I looked, it was 730p and I realized that I needed to get Jared's jammies on.
5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
The kids watching Shrek 2.
7. When did you last step outside?
Hmmm well, when we got home around 4p.
8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
Well, FW's blog, and I'm still looking at it so I can follow the right order of items!
9. What are you wearing?
This sounds like a cybersex proposition. Hum. Well, I'm wearing a longsleeved black, fitted shirt and a pair of tan sweatpants.
10. Did you dream last night?
Yes. I usually do, too. Sometimes they are regular dreams, and sometimes they are...well, message-filled. Either way, I usually wake up remembering at least a snippet or two.
11. When did you last laugh?
Well, I'm talking to Alex over msn, so periodically I laugh (he entertains me). I'd say no more than ten min ago.
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
a) a sword
b) a banner with a dragon on it
c) a linen hanging that has a celtic tree on it
(yes, I'm a geek...so sue me)
13. Seen anything weird lately?
I live in SC. Wierd is the daily fodder of life.
14. What do you think of this quiz?
It sucks. I'm always one for honesty.
15. What is the last film you saw?
hmmm...I know it's a kid's movie because it would have been with alex and the kids. Hoodwinked? No, we saw something else after that...Doogal.
16. If you turned into a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
Alex a car and his student loans paid off. Student loans paid off of all my closest friends. Me a new car too. A house. Then I'd hire a maid for my ex's house and for Laurita's ex's house. We have this deal, you see.... And godiva chocolates for everybody who reads this blog!
17. Tell me something about you that I don't know.
That's hard to do since I pretty much share everything. Um. Let me think. Can't be something I mentioned on my 100 list long ago....um....ok, got it! I had an inverted left nipple. Basically, when it was cold, one pointed out and one crawled in. I have to admit it looked odd as shit. However, yay for breastfeeding, Ariana dragged it out for good! So, Alex has never seen my inverted nipple as it's been gone now for eight years.
18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt and politics, what would you do?
Just one? I would make everybody have the instant ability to empathize with anybody he or she talks to. That'd make compassion commonplace, and that'd make for a very happy day.
Now, if you are talking something that doesn't involve changing the physiology of humankind, I'd say that I want to change that anybody ever goes unwillingly to bed hungry. Food for everybody, always!
19. Do you like to Dance?
I do, but I only do it in front of others if I've had something to drink.
20. George Bush.
If I say what I really feel, do I get ten FBI agents coming at my door trying to arrest me for using my free speech rights? I am very dissatisfied with anything involving him, from his push polls against McCain in the SC primary elections...the decisions he's made regarding oil vs. the environment...and the Iraq war. I'm SO ready for 2008.
21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
I always intended to call her Rhiannon, but that ended up her middle name, so it is Ariana Rhiannon.
22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what would you call him?
Following the tradition of a celtic middle name, he was called Jared Taliesin.
23. Would you ever consider living abroad?
If the ex would let us, I would gladly take the kids to France with Alex and live there a few years. However, that won't happen. Sigh.
24. What would you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?
"I know that you wanted to live your life as a good person, regardless of your fiesty temper and your often-injured sense of justice. Kira, you succeeded. I am pleased."
25. 4 people who must also do this theme in their journal.
BITE ME! Sigh. Ok, Alex, Laura, Juanita, and Angie.